Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > For Sale > Trade - WTT: 2 lbs of my hops for your 1 lb of Cascade or Centennial

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2012, 05:35 AM   #1
sweetcell
Swollen Member
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 653 Times on 486 Posts
Likes Given: 255

Default Trade - WTT: 2 lbs of my hops for your 1 lb of Cascade or Centennial

*** EDIT: a trade has been arranged so i'm all set - thanks to everyone who offered to help me out! ***

i've been asked to brew a few batches of "classic american IPA" for my buddy's bachelor party so i need some cascade and/or centennial. SWMBO has said no more hops buying since i just got 5 lbs from Hops Direct (in part to retaliate against my banning of one of her planned purchase... a long story). i really wish my buddy would have put his request before my HD order, dammit.

so trading is my only option, it seems, to preserve the peace. i would be willing to trade 2 lbs of my recently purchased hops for your 1 pound of cascade or centennial. the hops i have to offer are:
A) Millenium (16.7% AA, leaf, 2011 crop, "Bittering hop with a mild herbal aroma")
and your choice of:
B1) Glacier (5.6%, pellets, "Dual Purpose, pleasant aroma of citrus mixed with sweet fruity of pear or apricot. Pleasant hoppiness.")
*or*
B2) Legacy (7.8% AA, leaf, 2011 crop, "Dual purpose hop, with a clean grapefruit, floral, blackcurrant and spicy aroma")
(i.e. you will receive the pound of Millenium along with your choice of the Glacier or the Legacy)

all my hops are sealed in their original mylar packages - AKA in the same state as when i received them. they have been sitting my in freezer since i got them. your pound of C's should likewise be new, still sealed and in like-new condition.

if you can help me out, and want to double your hops, please PM me. thanks!

Drinking: a farmhouse with ECY08 & brett blend, wet-hopped harvest ale x 2, second runnings dark ale with vanilla
Fermenting: (nothing active)
Aging: imperial chocolate stout, sour cherry mead, oud bruin & a few other sours, acerglyn, a BDSA

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #2
zeekage
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 42 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Hmm, this is interesting. I have a pound of each, leaf, bought at the end of last year (so either 2010 or early 2011 crop), still in their HopUnion packaging and kept in my -5F chest freezer from the day I got them.

I was originally going to trade for pellet hops as leaf hops are a pain to deal with for me sometimes. Trying new varieties could be interesting though. You don't happen to have those in pellet so I don't end up with more leaf hops do you? Or other pellet varieties you'd be willing to trade?

Old 05-08-2012, 01:17 PM   #3
Christer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

PM sent

Old 05-08-2012, 01:51 PM   #4
Bilboa51