Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > For Sale > Trade - WTB solder dimple tool

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2012, 09:06 PM   #1
brewhokie
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Trade - WTB solder dimple tool

I was wondering if any awesome HBT member would be interested in helping out a fellow home brewer. I really want to swap out my weldless fittings for soldered fittings. However I'm having a hard time swallowing the cost for the dimple tool that I've seen many use. If you've made a dimple tool for either 1/2" or 1" (I would like to add a CIP bottom drain) ferrules and would let me borrow the tool I'd be very grateful.

I would obviously pay for shipping both ways. I've seen some other members offering Greenlee punches to borrow and thought the dimple tool might be another awesome way to help out fellow brewers.

PM me if your interested.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2012, 11:12 PM   #2
atjsparty
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I have one in Northern VA that I used once for a test. It created the 1/2" dimple without a problem, but I don't have the right solder and it isn't high on my list.
I'm out of town until Sunday, but can send it when I get back. PM me your address. Would just want it back within 3-4 weeks.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:19 PM   #3
wyzazz
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 39 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by atjsparty View Post
I have one in Northern VA that I used once for a test. It created the 1/2" dimple without a problem, but I don't have the right solder and it isn't high on my list.
I'm out of town until Sunday, but can send it when I get back. PM me your address. Would just want it back within 3-4 weeks.
Just a heads up, regular plumbing solder works just fine. The Stay-Clean Flux is about the only thing you really need.
And I'd like to see my 1.080 beers ready from grain to glass in a week, and served to me by red-headed twin penthouse pets wearing garter belts and fishnet stockings, with Irish accents, calling me "master luv gun," but we can't always get what we want can we? :)

Quick Reply