• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB 3 Gallon Keg, Pin Valve Regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MRT888

Reaction score
I know 3 gallons are in somewhat short supply but figured its worth a try- if anybody is interested in selling one please let me know- trying to go mobile and the new ones are a bit pricey!

And I'm still trying to figure out the CO2 end- the pin-valve regulator on keg connection seems to have disappeared so i'm in the market for one (or I suppose i could buy "the adapter" and buy another normal regulator)

I would email/call Keg Connection to see if they have them, and are just updating the site. I got mine from them not that long ago.

For the 3 gallon corny kegs, look at Rebel Brewer. I purchased one just the other day from them (not the first time either)... If they run out, you can email them and get an ETA on another round of them.

Otherwise, you could look on ebay for the kegs (there are some posted there). Not sure about the regulator though.

BTW, I'm holding onto/hoarding my 2.5 and 3 gallon kegs. Luckily I know of a local source for the 3 gallon kegs. I just email him to find out if he has any, or when he'll have more in stock... Never more than a week or three wait.

Wish I had such a source! Let me know if you ever get the urge to ship one south! (dunno how much you get 'em for if that's worth it at all)

I did email KegConnection so hopefully they will get back to me on the pin-valve regulator, they are the only place I have see one online! (besides the mini ones for twice as much)

Does Rebel Brewer ever have used 3 gallons or did you just mean new?
The best price I can find new is $108 shipped from http://www.cheapcornykegs.com
but Rebel might be a little more legitimate and is only about $2.50 more

If you go for more than one from Rebel, the shipping per keg goes way down. I'll check with my supplier and see if he's interested in shipping them or not. Normally, he just deals locally. Without knowing what shipping would be, chances are the cost would be more than what Rebel gets a new one to you for. The keg itself is only about $10 less used.

Ahh, If you think it'd be about the same overall then no worries- I'd certainly go with the new one from somewhere I can return if necessary.

I played with it and you're right- the second keg would ship for like 40 cents more, but 2 are most certainly not in the budget unless I find someone to split the order.

For now I'll keep the search alive for a decent used one and the elusive pin-valve regulator.

UGH- Kegconnection has stopped carrying their pin valve because "a part for it got too expensive." Just my luck, I was looking at them last week but didn't pull the trigger.
The only other pin valve reg I see is from Williams and it's way more expensive.

Yeah, I saw that but I only have 1 regulator and its a dual guage dual body clunker, so I figured as a 2nd I'd buy the (smaller?) pin valve that was ~$55 at Kegconnection. WIlliams' option is 90 :( . Now to stay on budget I guess I have to get that adapter and a cheap normal regulator.

I know 3 gallons are in somewhat short supply but figured its worth a try- if anybody is interested in selling one please let me know- trying to go mobile and the new ones are a bit pricey!

And I'm still trying to figure out the CO2 end- the pin-valve regulator on keg connection seems to have disappeared so i'm in the market for one (or I suppose i could buy "the adapter" and buy another normal regulator)

I would email/call Keg Connection to see if they have them, and are just updating the site. I got mine from them not that long ago.

For the 3 gallon corny kegs, look at Rebel Brewer. I purchased one just the other day from them (not the first time either)... If they run out, you can email them and get an ETA on another round of them.

Otherwise, you could look on ebay for the kegs (there are some posted there). Not sure about the regulator though.

BTW, I'm holding onto/hoarding my 2.5 and 3 gallon kegs. Luckily I know of a local source for the 3 gallon kegs. I just email him to find out if he has any, or when he'll have more in stock... Never more than a week or three wait.

I saw the same thing.... Was trying to help some other guy find one and went to post a link for Kegconnection and it was gone..... I said the same thing to the guy about calling.... Worth a shot. May save ya about 40 bucks. O had planned on getting an extra one and go figure now I'll have to pay out the whazzooo for it. Good luck on finding one and if someone out there knows of one like Keg connections one please let us know. I love mine.
Best of luck to all the folks that want to go mobile....:ban:

I'll probably be ordering another 2.5 gallon keg, and maybe a 3 gallon keg too, from Rebel by the end of the week. I'll need it for a batch going to keg the following Wednesday. I have two 3 gallon kegs on hand right now, but I'm thinking that I might be better off using one 3 and one 2.5 gallon keg for the batch. That way I can fit both into my brew fridge (once I drain some bottles)...

I've just had two 12oz glasses of my dark cream ale off of keg... Holy hell, why didn't I start kegging sooner??? I think I'll only be bottling bigger brews that I don't want to tie up a keg for. Although I'll probably carbonate in keg, then bottle from it. Something very satisfying knowing you can adjust the carbonation level in the brew while you drink it.

Back