Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > For Sale > For Sale - WANTED: Fort Collins Keg cutter

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2012, 04:37 AM   #1
HorseHair
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default For Sale - WANTED: Fort Collins Keg cutter

Just like the title says im looking for someone in Fort collins who can cut my keg top and drill the holes for my sightglass and ball valve. we can discuss compensation. cash or beer your choice.

thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2012, 01:58 PM   #2
chromados
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

When I was looking to have my kegs cut I posted an add on CL in the wanted section looking for someone with a plasma cutter. I had a guy respond that said he could do it for me and just to pay him what I felt was reasonable.

I paid him like 20 bucks to cut 2 kegs, but it also only took like 5 minutes.

As for the holes, I have Kobalt step drill bit that I have used to drill many holes on my brew rig that you can borrow if you have a drill that will work.

Hope that helps some.
Chromados

Old 01-14-2012, 10:18 PM   #3
HorseHair
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromados View Post
When I was looking to have my kegs cut I posted an add on CL in the wanted section looking for someone with a plasma cutter. I had a guy respond that said he could do it for me and just to pay him what I felt was reasonable.

I paid him like 20 bucks to cut 2 kegs, but it also only took like 5 minutes.

As for the holes, I have Kobalt step drill bit that I have used to drill many holes on my brew rig that you can borrow if you have a drill that will work.

Hope that helps some.
Chromados
yeah some guy who said hes cut them before messaged me through CL. if he doesnt have the stuff to drill the holes for some reason ill message you and see if i can borrow your bit.

thanks

Z

Old 01-19-2012, 12:46 AM   #4
bradybjr
Recipes 

If that guy falls through I have an angle grinder and a few wheels you could borrow. I also made a jig out of PVC for a nice, perfect circle

Old 02-25-2012, 06:26 PM   #5
cjope
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Default Hammer Time!

Not sure if you've heard of this Co-Op, but they have a plasma cutter there. My friend owns it and it going to be helping me cut my keg and drill some holes once he fills the tanks. I can let you know when it is ready, won't cost you a dime unless you'd like to donate. A great place for building anything if you lack the tools too. PM me if you're interested

"I don't always drink beer, so you should probably not value my opinion of it highly." -Most Interesting Man in the World

Old 02-26-2012, 03:02 AM   #6
HorseHair
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjope View Post
Not sure if you've heard of this Co-Op, but they have a plasma cutter there. My friend owns it and it going to be helping me cut my keg and drill some holes once he fills the tanks. I can let you know when it is ready, won't cost you a dime unless you'd like to donate. A great place for building anything if you lack the tools too. PM me if you're interested
I actually remember reading something about that yeah let me know when they are ready.

Quick Reply