Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > For Sale > For Sale - Wanted: Auto/Semi-Auto All-Grain System (So. Cal)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2010, 01:02 AM   #1
ocluke
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default For Sale - Wanted: Auto/Semi-Auto All-Grain System (So. Cal)

I'm about ready to purchase a system and thought I would first check to see if anyone out there has one in my area for sale. I'm weighing the cost/benefits of having a local guy build me a system, buying a system from another homebrewer, buying a Sabco Brew-Magic, or going all-electric with that Brewmation system that a few guys around here have bought and discussed on the forum.

If anyone has a system they are looking to sell used, or would be interested in helping me build a system here in Southern California (I'm in Orange County), I would be interested. I just don't have the resources to do a build myself. I do want some level of automation through either a BCS-460/462 or Brewtroller.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2010, 01:34 AM   #2
MVKTR2
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Not that I have first hand experience with it but I'd suggest a look at the german made Braumeister 50L version. The website shows it coming in at just under $3000 US. However I'm sure it's 10-25% higher in cost once shipped here & sold via a dealer... worth checking none the less. Smaller footprint etc.

HBT discussion thread http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/braumeister-179313/
Speidel Braumeister site - http://www.speidels-braumeister.de/index.php/cat/c1_Braumeister.html

There is a Youtube video of it also...

Schlante,
Phillip

"Perhaps wisdom for me is understanding how truely small I am, and that there is no smug self centered moment of clarity when there is so much more to learn" Anthony Bourdain

Old 10-08-2010, 02:24 AM   #3
ocluke
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVKTR2 View Post
Not that I have first hand experience with it but I'd suggest a look at the german made Braumeister 50L version. The website shows it coming in at just under $3000 US. However I'm sure it's 10-25% higher in cost once shipped here & sold via a dealer... worth checking none the less. Smaller footprint etc.

HBT discussion thread http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/braumeister-179313/
Speidel Braumeister site - http://www.speidels-braumeister.de/index.php/cat/c1_Braumeister.html

There is a Youtube video of it also...

Schlante,
Phillip
Yes, I have checked that thing out, watched the videos, and read the various threads on it. It does look pretty sweet. I think I would prefer to be able to do a fly sparge on a system and be able to do different batch sizes. I know there is a separate grain holder for smaller batch sizes available for sale, but I'm still left without the ability to sparge.

Old 10-08-2010, 02:36 PM   #4
humann_brewing
More Humann than human
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 308 Times on 306 Posts
Likes Given: 18

someone may have already mentioned this but have you talked to Derrin on here. He is in your area and builds brutus frames. You may be looking for a turn key brew system but maybe you 2 could work out a deal or something. He makes a great product.

Here is mine almost ready to go.

On tap: #79 Berliner Weisse 1.030 9/20/12, Flanders, Barleywine, Wild Blonde (1.045 blonde hopped up and fermented with WLP644), #80B rett Saison
Fermenting: #82 Galaxy IPA, #83 Black IPA
Aging: #67 Bareleywine 1.116 11/07/2012, Flanders 2 batches 1.056 and 1.060 12/12/11 and 3/26/12, Kriek, 1.052 12/11,

Old 10-08-2010, 08:18 PM   #5
ocluke
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by humann_brewing View Post
someone may have already mentioned this but have you talked to Derrin on here. He is in your area and builds brutus frames. You may be looking for a turn key brew system but maybe you 2 could work out a deal or something. He makes a great product.
Yes, Derrin is a great guy. I came across him when I purchased a stir plate from him on his Brewer's Hardware store, and I checked out his cool triclover RIMS tube. He's one of the options I'm considering right now. I checked out his current system build and may have him build me a system when his schedule clears up a little. In the mean time, I am sort of ready to pull the trigger sooner rather than later, and am exploring all options. I thought I would check if anyone on here had a system for sale.

Cool rig...

Last edited by ocluke; 10-08-2010 at 08:22 PM.

Quick Reply