New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > For Sale > For Sale - Shot in the dark - SF Bay Area sanitary welding?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2010, 04:29 PM   #1
ubermick
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default For Sale - Shot in the dark - SF Bay Area sanitary welding?

Alright folks,

I'm getting a bit preturbed by the leaky weldless fittings on my keggles. No matter what I've done, they seem to dribble wort and water at some point during the brew day, leaving me with stalactites of burned sugar to chip off the kegs and frame. My once shiny stainless sculpture is now... a mess.

My local welding shops are ripoff merchants, wanting $75 per weld (which means it'd be almost the same price to sell my keggles and buy three Blichmanns) so was wondering if there's anyone in the Bay Area who can weld some couplings on my keggles for a reasonable fee/trade?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2010, 04:32 PM   #2
Ricand

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Well.. it IS a bit cheaper in Sebastopol. The creepin crud cold is abating for now. You could come up, drop them off and I know a place to hang with some decent brews

If I was too drunk to remember it, it didn't happen.

If you got a good liver.. use it! - wife

CopperCat Brewery

Old 09-13-2010, 04:35 PM   #3
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Here is another shot in the dark. Go to a local Truck dealership, Semi-Trucks that is. It will need to have a shop on the premisis. Most of the mechanics I have run across like beer. Look for the guy who is working on the springs and you will find a welder. You can also place a ad on Craigslist, with all the people out of work you should come across somebody looking to make a little cash. Good luck!

Old 09-13-2010, 05:11 PM   #4
ubermick
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Aye Rick, that's the "backup plan", although I was secretly hoping for someone to come out of the woodwork and say "Sure, bring 'em over and my brother will do 'em for a corny!"

And speaking of which, still would love to cut a hole in that sanke fermenter for a corny lid, ala what Synergy did on theirs...

Quick Reply