• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

splitting hops direct order in Baltimore

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

balto charlie

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am going to make a buy (soon) from Hops Direct. I would like to split pounds(whole hops not pellets) with another(preferably) local brewer. I hope to buy Amarillo, Centennial, Chinook, Goldings, Fuggles, Magnum and Northern Brewer. Subject to change. I'm looking to keep about 1/2 pound of each variety. Let me know if you are interested. PM me please. Charlie
PS I live westside Baltimore

Hey Do you only want a single 1/2 pound? I believe Magnum is the highest AA on my list. Where about do you live?

No one else?

I live in Canton and work in Fell's Point. I also have a buddy that I work with who wants a few pounds of other stuff too, and I might be into 1/4 pound of something if we can make that happen. If nobody else chimes in within a few days I'll PM you to work it out. I have a foodsaver to help break stuff up.

sounds good folks. Figure out what varieties and quantities you want. Cascade is doable. I guess amounts should be at least 1/4 lb or even better to keep it at 1/2lb for simplicity sakes.

I also have a vacuum sealer to keep it fresh.

I live in Canton and work in Fell's Point. I also have a buddy that I work with who wants a few pounds of other stuff too, and I might be into 1/4 pound of something if we can make that happen. If nobody else chimes in within a few days I'll PM you to work it out. I have a foodsaver to help break stuff up.

Still interested??? We want to place this order soon...this week. Charlie

Yeah - I'm just trying to nail down what by buddy wants to get - will let you know in a day or two.

We want 1/2 lb amarillo, 1 lb cascade, 1/2 lb centennial, 1 lb magnum, 1/4 lb fuggle, and 1/4 lb golding. If the 1/4 pound hops will be a problem switch we'll cut out the goldings and take 1/2 lb fuggle instead of 1/4 lb.

I tried to place an order on 12/23 but found out that HD is closed until 1-4-10. This sucks as I was going to brew a lot during the Christmas break. I'll brew some lagers with the hops I have. I plan to order next weekend so they can ship early January. If this date is not good for anyone and you want out please let me know.
clap: I can put you down for QP of Amarillo

Hey Folks I ordered the hops. There was a problem with their order page and I could not order 2 lbs of Centennial. I was able to order 2 single pounds of it though. So that's what I did and made a note of it to HD. I'll PM everyone when the hops arrive.

claphamsa: Thanks for the offer of hops but seems life was too hectic over the holidays to brew. Hopefully this weekend to use up the rest of my current supply.

Charlie

PS- anyone else interested as we have an extra half pound of Centennial(if they ship 2) and quarter pound of Amarillo

did they say when these wold be in? ill be in baltmore this sat... and next sat, but brewing next so harder to puck up. yay whiskey oprter

i can take a half lb of amarillo.... i dont need it, but ill take it so you dont get stuck!

If you want it you can have it.

did they say when these wold be in? ill be in baltmore this sat... and next sat, but brewing next so harder to puck up. yay whiskey oprter

I do not have a firm date yet. I work in Greenbelt if that helps you any

Hey claphasma: If you would prefer not to take the extra Centennial and Amarillo jsut for the hell of it I'd be happy to. I'm going to be driving through Baltimore next Friday (1/15) and again the following Monday (1/18). I'd be happy to take them off balto charlie's hands if they're in by then.

Perfect. I'll be on my way home from VA that day, pretty much passing right through your town. Keep me posted...

Hey guys: Well tomorrow the hops should be delivered. I pm'd you guys my personal info. If tomorrow doesn't work for you then we can set up another time. I'll be home most of the day and hope to brew a batch. Hops Direct usually sends more than 1 pound per pound ordered. So if you ordered .5 lbs then you will get more than .5 lbs. It is usually 1-3 ounces heavy. I'll divide the shipping according to quantity ordered. Here's the pounds ordered with cost per pound. Shipping cost are still unknown.
Charlie Pat gabe clap boogie total cost/LB
Amarillo 0.5 0.5 0.5 0.25 0.25 2 13.5
cascade 0.5 0.5 1 2 11
centennial 0.5 0.5 0.5 0.5 2 13
magnum 0.5 0.5 1 2 12
fuggles 0.5 0.5 1 14.5
goldings 0.5 0.5 1 12
chinook 0.5 0.5 1 12

PS Sorry, the excel file does not come across very well.

Hey Boogie(and everyone else): What time do you plan to stop by? Some midday errands have come up. Brew day has been pushed back until mid afternoon. I hope to start brewing around 3:00. Sorry about this. Hops probably won't be delivered until mid-afternoon anyway. Charlie

Hi Charlie,

I should be around the area late this afternoon (3:30, 4?)...I'll call you before I head out.

I just sent PMs to Gabe, Clap and yarrme with cost and my home information. I will divide hops tonight or tomorrow morning early. If I am out just come to the back (through the driveway gate) and look on the big back porch. I will have the hops divided and in boxes or bags. I do not have enough vacuum bags to seal all of the larger amounts of hops so they will be in freezer bags. If you bring some food saver 8" bags I will seal them for you if I am at home. Hope to see you guys this weekend. Later Charlie

Hi Charlie,

Sorry the timing didn't quite work out on Monday. If you have any other takers for my hops feel free to offer them up. If not, I'd be happy to pay shipping to my place. Just let me know.

- Brian

Back