• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

kegs for sale northern DE/SE PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davefj40

Reaction score
was at metal supply house on Old Airport Road in New Castle off of I-95 today and they had a bunch of keg's for sale. around $28 buck's each. just thought i would let everybody know.

dave

fredGSX,

If you make the run let me know I'll pitch in for gas money and 2 kegs if you're willing to haul them back to York and I'll pick them up from you.

define a bunch? Like as in if I waited until the weekend will they be gone. I am going to be driving right past there on Saturday.

there was about 8 regular 15 gallon sankey's and a 15 or so of the old school keg's. the fat in the middle and smaller at the end kind.

WOOT!!!!!

I Want to thank you for this tip.
I Bought 3 of em this morning for $60.00
had to pick threw them ,found ones in perfect shape
(no dents or anything)

Thanks again, Geoff

Just came from there and the kegs are rather heavily beat up. I got some, but relaized when I got home they are 50 liter kegs not 58.6. I am still going to use them anyway. I thought they were the same volume just shorter and fatter, but I am wrong. The 50L I got were in excelent condition, but the rest left are not so healthy!

There are some 50L in decent condition and maybe (2) 58.6L kegs, but they are beat up. They have really bad dents and if it's not dented the bottom is all mangled.

Glad I went When I did,these are the ones I got.

100_1387.JPG

all cut and cleaned.

You posted up about 10 minutes before I got there! I left right from work at 7:00am and drove straight out there. Looks like you got the best ones out of the bunch. How did you go about cutting them? I was going to use an air powered cutting wheel.

I just used a loop of string around the neck of the keg to hold a sharpie exactly where I wanted to cut,drew a line around the keg and freehand cut the hole with a 4in. grinder and cutting wheel (not difficult if you use several passes, the first one with light pressure to score the metal along the line you made,kinda gives you a track to follow)
Then I cleaned it all up with an 80 grit Tiger Wheel on the same grinder.

100_1388.JPG

100_1389.JPG

Back