Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > For Sale > For Sale - Pricing Help- 27 gallon jacketed fermentors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2012, 04:47 PM   #11
lagavulin
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashinations View Post
Glycol circulates in the jacketed space around the fermentation - whether it's heating or cooling depends on how you have it set up (either heat the glycol or chill the glycol).

When you step into multi-barrel fermenters it's often not feasible to have a fermentation room for each fermenter.

As far as why the short-changing of the 1 barrel fermenters, generally speaking a multi-barrel system is more commercial in nature where anything under 1 barrel is going to be a hobbyist. I don't know any homebrewers that brew 30 gallon batches - but know a bunch that do 20 gallon batches and therefore would need a 25-27 gallon conical (.8-.9 barrel). Blichmann does make a 42 gallon conical which would be appropriate for a single barrel batch.

Makes sense. Thanks for the post.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2012, 09:58 PM   #12
clay9_24
beerganeer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Seems like a lot of work to import such a small fermentor. I guess my opinion is skewed because I am one of those hobbyist that brews 45 gal batches and has capacity to brew over 50. Economy of scale and getting together with other people to brew makes the hobby much more cost effective.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #13
rvklein
Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Any updates? I may be in for one.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:38 PM   #14
Kyled93
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Does it have to be 27 gallon? I just bought a brewhemoth that is 22 gallons for a great price! Grabbed it wasn't jacketed. But I plan on insulating it with a glycol loop for Temp control.

Old 03-16-2012, 01:28 PM   #15
sethfdabomb
Recipes 

Sorry Guys I’ve been out of the country for work for a little while! I should be back stateside next week sometime so Ill try to be better about checking this

In other news:

I have placed a firm order for 5 of these units with expected delivery mid may, you'll see me pop up some posts around then. I'm expecting cost to be around 2000 but we will see once customs fees and forwarder fee's settle. PM me if you interested and Ill keep you in the loop. I wont write off trades either.....

@lagavulin - if you’re interested I have some rough pre production diagrams I could send you, PM me. 0.84BBL is different I agree, though the design is based on 100 liters usable volume so if you brewed to Euro Kegs or 20 gallons (My intention) a pop it would work.

Yes they are jacketed and I feel that’s the main advantage. For a home brewer there are many DIY ways to cool and heat these to exact temperatures... Look up Aquarium Chiller/heater pumps (no the little rod ones, the ones that actually pump water in and out of the aquarium) for instance. On the other hand you could devise an old beer fridge/bucket of glycol/ submersible pump and tubing contraction.
For a commercial brewing who wants test batches its simply plug and play into existing glycol system.

After this trial run winds down I intend of going after 50 liter sizes...though they are available in pretty much any size up from there at 50-100 liter intervals. 100 liter size was the most economical for me.

If anyone wants to be in the loop shoot me a PM.

Cheers!!
Seth

Old 05-18-2012, 01:52 PM   #16
sethfdabomb
Recipes 

Well if anyone is still looking into this I have an update. Though production finished I was not entirely happy with a few welds. They a redoing them and tweaking some small things. Have to say they look nice though. I have a picture attached. Since I am leaving the country for a few months I cant take delivery until late august early September. I need to be home to drive to the port and get them. So the beat goes on. my email is seth.farquharson@gmail.com. Its best to shoot me an email rather than something on here as i dont check this often. I will post back when i get them. Seth

photo-14-.jpg  

Old 05-18-2012, 03:40 PM   #17
CidahMastah
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 17

There is a group buy that is trying to get a bunch of fermenters and kettles etc. similar to stout kettles and tanks. If you want the info PM me (I am not coordinating it)

Man,... That's a lotta hooch!
Steel rig in progress
ebuild info

Old 05-22-2012, 03:01 AM   #18
bmason1623
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 148 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 162

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethfdabomb
Well if anyone is still looking into this I have an update. Though production finished I was not entirely happy with a few welds. They a redoing them and tweaking some small things. Have to say they look nice though. I have a picture attached. Since I am leaving the country for a few months I cant take delivery until late august early September. I need to be home to drive to the port and get them. So the beat goes on. my email is seth.farquharson@gmail.com. Its best to shoot me an email rather than something on here as i dont check this often. I will post back when i get them. Seth
Are these 27 gallons?

Chicago Homebrewer's Yeast Bank Project

Chicago Home Brewers Group

Chicago Home Brewers Group Forum

Chicago Home Brewers Group Facebook Page

Old 10-04-2012, 12:42 AM   #19
sethfdabomb
Recipes 

Just an fyi. I have them now
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f16/100-liter-jacketed-conical-fermentors-358644/#post4467840

Quick Reply