New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > For Sale > For Sale - Pricing Help- 27 gallon jacketed fermentors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
sethfdabomb
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default For Sale - Pricing Help- 27 gallon jacketed fermentors

Need some advice,
Working on importing a few 27 gallon jacketed ss conical fermentors, w/ CIP nozzle, sanitary connections, and sanitary valve on bottom. I want to import a few more so I can cover some of the cost of the ones I'm going to use. How much should I price these at?

They will look like the attached picture just a little smaller.

Thanks for the help!

Seth

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #2
ajm163
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

I'll take 3 at 500 each. Haha. But seriously you should be able to get between 1500-2000 each depending on quality

My Brew Blog
http://angryocelotbrewing.blogspot.com

Old 02-11-2012, 03:12 PM   #3
spoonyluv
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

That sounds about right. Here is a similar commercial product you can use as a guide: http://www.glaciertanks.com/Conical_Fermenter_Jacket-FM-.9-BBL_28GL_106L_Conical_Fermenter_Jacketed.html

Old 02-12-2012, 01:28 PM   #4
sethfdabomb
Recipes 

Haha, yeah 500 each eh? I wish that’s what they cost me! Thanks for the info though. I was thinking around that amount. Just wanted some reassurance!
Now I’m just gonna engineer some way to cool them. I was thinking of using a fish tank water cooler....they cycle water in an out of a fish tank to keep them at temp...Any other suggestions? Other than the converted mini fridge and sump method...'

Thanks

Seth

Old 02-12-2012, 02:15 PM   #5
ajm163
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Pm me I would like some more information on how many you are importing and possible business oppertunities

My Brew Blog
http://angryocelotbrewing.blogspot.com

Old 02-12-2012, 08:21 PM   #6
johnnyjs1
Recipes 

I might be interested in one as well

Old 02-12-2012, 09:06 PM   #7
lagavulin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Any dimensions on these?

Also, what's up with the .84 bbl, seems weird to me. Glacier tanks does the same thing 0.9 bbl. Then they go 2,3,4, etc....bbl --- what's with the skimp on the 1bbl systems? What am I missing?

Surfing the interwebs, Stouts makes a 40 gallon fermenter with CIP spray ball that will fit in a converted freezer for around $1100 -- I'm not suggesting they are same league with regards to quality -- but the Stouts fermenter seems to have the advantages of the ability to hold a full 1bbl, affordability and ease of temperature control (I'm thinking a used craiglist freezer with dwyer temp controller for each fermenter) --

What are your reasons/the advantages these tanks have over the stouts?

PS -- thanks for humoring a mass production noob

Cheers!

Old 02-12-2012, 09:56 PM   #8
Backporchbrewery
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagavulin View Post

What are your reasons/the advantages these tanks have over the stouts?

PS -- thanks for humoring a mass production noob

Cheers!
Jacketed. Which means you can run a pump (usually glycol chiller) through the jacketed layer to cool the fermenters. Jacketed usually cost almost twice+ what a regular single wall fermenter cost. Check out the price difference on Stouts page with the 2-3bbl fermenters single wall and jacketed.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:15 PM   #9
lagavulin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backporchbrewery View Post
Jacketed. Which means you can run a pump (usually glycol chiller) through the jacketed layer to cool the fermenters. Jacketed usually cost almost twice+ what a regular single wall fermenter cost. Check out the price difference on Stouts page with the 2-3bbl fermenters single wall and jacketed.

Ok, but is purchasing and running a glycol unit more cost effective than running a freezer fermentation chamber? Can you purchase glycol units that heat and cool

Again, just trying to weigh the cost and advantages/disadvantages of one vs the other.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:45 PM   #10
Mashinations
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagavulin View Post
Ok, but is purchasing and running a glycol unit more cost effective than running a freezer fermentation chamber? Can you purchase glycol units that heat and cool

Again, just trying to weigh the cost and advantages/disadvantages of one vs the other.
Glycol circulates in the jacketed space around the fermentation - whether it's heating or cooling depends on how you have it set up (either heat the glycol or chill the glycol).

When you step into multi-barrel fermenters it's often not feasible to have a fermentation room for each fermenter.

As far as why the short-changing of the 1 barrel fermenters, generally speaking a multi-barrel system is more commercial in nature where anything under 1 barrel is going to be a hobbyist. I don't know any homebrewers that brew 30 gallon batches - but know a bunch that do 20 gallon batches and therefore would need a 25-27 gallon conical (.8-.9 barrel). Blichmann does make a 42 gallon conical which would be appropriate for a single barrel batch.

Quick Reply