Motorized Barley Crusher grain mill for sale on eBay:
Motorized barley grain mill kit for homebrewers using all grain mashes. Kit includes:
- Barley Crusher malt mill with 15 lb hopper
- GE gear motor (177.7 RPM, 40 in-lb torque, 115 VAC power), wiring, and mounting brackets
- Gear motor capacitor and wiring
- Lovejoy coupler which connects mill and motor
- Wooden spacer which goes below mill and lines up mill shaft to motor shaft
- Power and control box with toggle switch for forward and reverse grinding
This is sold as a kit, is prewired, and ready to go. I had it mounted to a shelf (as shown in one photo), but shelf is not included. Kit could be mounted to a shelf, table, or simply a board which you rest on your grain bucket.
Mill works great and is super convenient to use. Spacing on rollers are adjustable so you can control how fine the grind is. Motorized system is a must if you're grinding a lot of grain. Hand cranking is tiring. If you use a drill, RPMs are usually too fast which shatters barley husk (leading to stuck sparges) and you have to stand there holding drill until milling is down. With this motor set-up, speed is about right (100-200 RPM is ideal), you just turn it on, let it run, and go do something as you prepare your brew.