Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > For Sale > For Sale - Mash Hawk - 70 Quart (17.5 gallons) Mash Tun

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2010, 01:48 AM   #1
irpinc
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default For Sale - Mash Hawk - 70 Quart (17.5 gallons) Mash Tun

UWJESTER does get credit for the name. Starting a new thread to clean it up a little bit. I'm going to hopefully start working on the web site SOON. Been very busy at work then busy drinking homebrew at night so my time has been a little limited.

All pricing does not include shipping.

Mash Hawk Unit Only: $49.00
Mash Hawk HD Lid: $20.00
Mash Hawk Stacker Base W/Wheels: $32.00

Mash Hawk Set Up #1: $159.00
Mash Hawk
HD Lid
Weldless Kit
False Bottom Option (includes quick connects)

Mash Hawk Set Up #2: $136.00
Hawk Hawk
HD Lid
Weldless Kit
Bazooka Screen

The big difference between the two options is the quick connects.

Again, hopefully the site will be up soon, but for now, here's some picts. And I am getn some new stuff coming next week for some new ideas. I'll share em soon.
http://gallery.me.com/irpimages#1004...lack&view=grid

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2010, 02:05 AM   #2
Brooklyn-Brewtality
Four Beasts Brewery
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Odd question here: With the lid on, is it flat? And what kind of weight and heat could the top take?
Basically, after I am done with my boil I need to move my kettle into my shower cause that's the only place I can run my CFC right now. So far, the kettle just sits on the floor, but that makes priming the pump a PITA. This looks like it would be a fantastic mash tun to replace my cooler, but I would go from 50% into it to 100% buying one if it would double as a kettle holder once I'd emptied the grain.
Like I said, weird question.

Kegged: Berlinerweisse, Dubbel, Galaxy Wheat
Bottled: Golden Strong, Mild, IIPA, Rauch
Fermenting: Saison, Imperial Wheat Stout, Brett Saison, APA, Brett Roggenbier

Old 02-18-2010, 02:11 AM   #3
irpinc
Recipes 

So you want to use the Mash Hawk as a base to move the boil kettle right when its done boiling? So you would defin want the wheels. My only concern would be rolling that boiling wort. Not that I don't think it could handle it, but more for your safety. Ya never know when ya hit a little rock or anything and SPLASH.

BUT, you almost got me thinking of new idea. I may do some investigating on using one of our units as a wort chiller. We have some units that a BK would drop right into to chill. Might take a little engineering but it would totally save on some wasted water running through worth chillers. If this works, we'll work something out for ya. BAM

Old 02-18-2010, 02:14 AM   #4
irpinc
Recipes 

So now we have a couple more ideas we are going to mess around.
Fermenter
Wort Chiller

I think this just became my favorite homebrew board. Everyone here is so helpful and soooo knowledgeable. I almost feel dumb here. lol

Old 02-18-2010, 02:14 AM   #5
Brooklyn-Brewtality
Four Beasts Brewery
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by irpinc View Post
So you want to use the Mash Hawk as a base to move the boil kettle right when its done boiling? So you would defin want the wheels. My only concern would be rolling that boiling wort. Not that I don't think it could handle it, but more for your safety. Ya never know when ya hit a little rock or anything and SPLASH.
I wouldn't roll on it. I would have the Mash Hawk in the bathroom, and carry my kettle in. That's how I do it now anyway. It would just be cool if I could have this one thing pulling double duty, as a MLT and kettle stand.

Kegged: Berlinerweisse, Dubbel, Galaxy Wheat
Bottled: Golden Strong, Mild, IIPA, Rauch
Fermenting: Saison, Imperial Wheat Stout, Brett Saison, APA, Brett Roggenbier

Old 02-18-2010, 02:18 AM   #6
irpinc
Recipes 

gotcha. so you would actually run your burner and boil kettle right on. The Mash Hawk would defin hold the weight and even a sheet of plywood over it would support it. I don't think I'd be all too confident in the HD being stable enough. Although we do have some thicker HD material that would prob work well.

Do we add a 4th idea. LOL

Old 02-18-2010, 02:20 AM   #7
Scut_Monkey
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts

Can you explain what this is. I understand it is a large container for mashing but is it insulated to hold mash temp? What is in the bottom?

Old 02-18-2010, 02:25 AM   #8
irpinc
Recipes 

yeah. Its an ice Merchandiser we developed for the bigger beverage companies. I have a thread we started a while back. I've been using it for about a year as my mash tun. It tests out killer. I used a digital therm on my mashes a couple weekends ago. Mash #1 started at 158 and went down to 157 during the hour. Mash #2 started at 154 and stayed at 154 for the whole hour. The units are fully insulated. We have to keep the big boys happy with our units. No condensation or leaking. The unit is double walled and the core is 100% insulated. We made this particular unit a little shorter core so the C-stores didn't have to use as much ice. It's almost like it was engineered for our 6-12 gallon homebrew batches. lol

Old 02-18-2010, 06:26 PM   #9
irpinc
Recipes 

I have the stuff ordered to give this unit a try as a fermenter. I'll defin take plenty of picts and keep everyone up to date on the results.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:03 PM   #10
carnevoodoo
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Fermenter question? What type of plastic is it? There are concerns with anything that might be oxygen permeable or that could have issues with leeching. Those are considerations to keep in mind.

Quick Reply