Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > For Sale > For Sale - Looking for a Digital Temperature Controller

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2011, 11:06 PM   #1
chromados
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default For Sale - Looking for a Digital Temperature Controller

Hello, I am in the process of building my fermentation chamber and am in need of new temperature controller. I was looking at the Johnston/Ranco thermostats as I am not confident at wiring (unless you have anything like Love Temperature controllers for dummies that can walk me through each step). I just figured I would check here before I bought a new one. So if you can help let me know what you have and what you are looking to get for it.

Thanks
Chromados

Edit: Sorry i speleed Controller wrong in the title. Whoops.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2011, 01:05 AM   #2
EdWort
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 255 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Love controllers are great and easy to wire. Here's something I found online.

http://blog.flaminio.net/blogs/index.php/beer/gadgets/love-ts-13010-temperature-switch-new-wir-2008

I've gotten a couple email on the new Love TS temp switches. They changed the wiring a bit. So, I thought I'd post a new graphic showing that wiring. Hope this helps some people out. Here's the original post on the controller itself.

In text, take the black wire from the wall plug to #8, run a short jumper from #8 to #10. Then, connect the black wire from the device plug to #11.

Then run a length of wire from #7 to the white wire from the wall plug, and splice that into the white wire from the device plug.

Then splice the green ground wire between the wall/device plugs together.

This configuration is the typical setup of device is unpowered when switched off. If, for some reason, you wanted to be on when the switch is off (and not used the menu option) you could connect the jumper to #9 instead of #10.

There you go!

Old 03-13-2011, 04:10 AM   #3
Jewrican
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 10

search the diy section for ebay temperature controller

Quick Reply