Home Brew Forums

Home Brew Forums (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum.php)
-   For Sale (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f16/)
-   -   New York Keggle + false bottom (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f16/keggle-false-bottom-381831/)

erikrocks 01-16-2013 12:59 AM

Keggle + false bottom
 
3 Attachment(s)
I upgraded to a 20 gallon MLT, so I'm selling my keggle. It's got 4 welded 1/2" couplings, a thermometer, a homemade copper diptube, and a 15" hinged Jaybird false bottom. It served me well for ~2 years. I'd like to get $150 and I don't want to ship. I'm in Ithaca, NY.

dallasdb 01-16-2013 03:22 AM

Would you part with the false bottom?

I would need it shipped to 80237. I could send you a shipping label to make it easier for you. Just let me know.

erikrocks 01-16-2013 12:44 PM

I'm going to leave it up here as one unit until Friday. If it doesn't sell by then, I'll be more tempted to take the false bottom ($70+shipping) down to the post office and stick it in the mail on Saturday morning.

herc1354 01-16-2013 09:50 PM

I know you don't want to ship but any chance you could be convinced? From what I understand UPS offers decent shipping rates, and lets face it that keg is pretty stout. I live in NC on the coast, I need a third keg for my setup plus a false bottom. PM me with suggestions. A buddy is heading to Philly in two weeks if that helps.

Thanks
Corey

dallasdb 01-16-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herc1354 (Post 4793016)
I know you don't want to ship but any chance you could be convinced? From what I understand UPS offers decent shipping rates, and lets face it that keg is pretty stout. I live in NC on the coast, I need a third keg for my setup plus a false bottom. PM me with suggestions. A buddy is heading to Philly in two weeks if that helps.

Thanks
Corey

No way to ship a keg cheap. Shipping would be around $80. Fyi. I looked into it!

herc1354 01-17-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallasdb

No way to ship a keg cheap. Shipping would be around $80. Fyi. I looked into it!

Funny, ups ground ships it from NY to NC for 50.00

dallasdb 01-17-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herc1354 (Post 4793444)

Funny, ups ground ships it from NY to NC for 50.00

Thanks for proving my point! Like I said, no way to ship it cheap.

$80 was my quote to get to Colorado, quite a bit further than NY to NC.

mors 01-17-2013 02:22 PM

I shipped 2 kegs across the country for $16 each using usps. They were the 50L euro kegs...but that makes them only slightly smaller... no wrapping or anything. You can just send the keg as is & throw any fittings and the false bottom in a flat rate box. I would check it out.

herc1354 01-17-2013 03:03 PM

Pm sent

dallasdb 01-17-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mors (Post 4795143)
I shipped 2 kegs across the country for $16 each using usps. They were the 50L euro kegs...but that makes them only slightly smaller... no wrapping or anything. You can just send the keg as is & throw any fittings and the false bottom in a flat rate box. I would check it out.

How did you get away with that?

Try punching in the dimensions, not just the weight, and the price quadruples.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:36 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.