Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > For Sale > For Sale - Johnson Temperature Controller (analog)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2009, 02:46 AM   #1
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 937 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default For Sale - Johnson Temperature Controller (analog)

SOLD!!

This is a Johnson Controls A70GA-2 controller. More info:
http://www.vikingcontrols.com/_documents/Product/1927140.PDF

35-80F set points, close on rise for cooling only. Adjustable differential of 3-30F.

It has two sets of contacts. The main is good for 16amp at 120v and it closes at the set point. There's a set of aux contacts good for 6amps at 120v and opens at the set point.

The temp sensing bulb is 6 feet.

It's working fine, I'm only selling because I scored a A419 electronic controller in a craigslist lot and wanted to use that instead. This is a great controller for either a freezer kegerator or a fermentation fridge.

$38 shipped.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Last edited by Bobby_M; 10-08-2009 at 05:43 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2009, 03:04 PM   #2
ohrinet
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
It has two sets of contacts. The main is good for 16amp at 120v and it closes at the set point. There's a set of aux contacts good for 6amps at 120v and opens at the set point.
I'm wondering what this actually means. I'm in the market for a controller, just acquired a mini-fridge that can hold a 5-gallon primary. Also, is this already wired? I had been looking on ebay for unwired ones to save a bit of cash, but if this works and is ready to go, I'd be down.

drinking a chocolate porter

Old 10-08-2009, 05:46 PM   #3
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 937 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 28

It's sold but since you asked, it's not prewired and most of the ones you find on ebay won't be. You can either wire it directly into the cord for your fridge, or you can use a short extension cord. You basically put a fold/loop in the extension cord and run that into the controller box. Carefully cut the insulation and fish out the black conductor. Cut that wire and strip both ends. Connect that to the two switched terminals. It would also be a good idea to connect the green ground wire to the ground screw inside the box, but don't cut it.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Quick Reply