• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Connecticut Good deal on Dual SSR's

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 6 of these that I bought from him on his first auction. Never ended using them on a system. Looking to sell if anyone is interested. 10 bucks each? PM me.

So I just received 3 of these. I mounted one to my heat sink and noticed it wasn't very flat on the bottom, I tried all three of them and same story, they seem to all have a slightly curved bottom.

MbbeU0f.jpg

I would use thermal paste, of course, but this amount of daylight shining through seems significant to me. Is this nothing to worry about?

I checked the flatness of the heat sink against a reference surface and it is fine, these ssrs rocked on that surface...

(Edit) I've started a new thread asking about this: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f170/ssr-heatsink-thermal-grease-question-511065/#post6612863

Back