• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Virginia FS: Misc. parts from previous setup - gas plumbing, burners, fittings, solenoids, etc

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jcaudill

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have somewhat of a garage cleaning of a thread. I have lots of misc. parts from my previous setup that I am looking to part with - a lot of this would be great together for someone building a new system. I will bundle parts for deal so if you want multiple items just send me a PM and we'll work it out. Open to all offers. Buyer pays shipping - must pay via Paypal. All items are in good working condition. Here we go:

Update International SPC-197 - 80/100 quart stainless stock pot cover with laser cut opening for viewing mash/boil. This fits any pot that is 20" in diameter - but is made for the 80 and 100 quart Update International pots which are also what for NB Megapots were and also what Morebeer sells as their heavy duty brew kettle. Replacement lid costs $40, last cut opening was $30, asking $50.

Qty 2 - March 809 PL Polysulfone replacement heads. Used twice. Asking $20 each.

Qty 2 - Cavagna Dual-Stage propane regulator - 160,000btu, 3/8" FPT outlet and 1/4" FPT inlet. Used once - perfect working order. Asking $20 each.

0-15 PSI adjustable propane regulator - 750,000 btu's. 1/4" FPT inlet/outlet. Used a handful of times. Asking $15.

0-30PSI adjustable propane regulator with 1/4"ID rubber hose, and quick disconnect. Connect to a 3/8" gas flare fitting (AKA 45 degree SAE). Used a handful of times. Has the green acme fitting good to 200,000btu's. Asking $40.

Assortment of brass valves. Qty 3 1/4" FPT brass ball valves - good for basic shutoffs. Asking $15 for all three. Qty 2 1/4" FPT inlet x 1/4" MPT outlet ball valves - asking $10 for both. Qty 2 1/4" FPT x 1/4" MPT needle valves - for fine control of gas - asking $15 each or $25 for the pair.

Assortment of 304/316 stainless fittings as follows (most pictured parts sold):

Qty 1 - 1/2" FPT half coupling. Asking $2.
Qty 2 - 1/2" hex nipples. Asking $2 each.
Qty 6 - 3/8" male flare x 1/2" MPT - NOT STAINLESS. These are chrome over brass I believe. Asking $3 for the lot.

Assortment of stainless gas connector hoses as follows:

Qty 3 - 24", 1/4" ID with 3/8 female flare on both ends. Asking $10 each. Rated for low pressure!

Qty 1 - 36", 1/4" ID with 3/8 female flare on both ends. Asking $10. Rated for low pressure!

Qty 2 - 16", 1/4" ID Stainless Steel braided hose with 3/8" carbon steel gas female flares ends. These are rated for pressures up to 2000PSI! These are custom hoses I had made. Cost me $38 per hose, asking $30 per hose. Never used. Good for high pressure and rated to 1500 degrees F. Bend radius is 5".

Qty 3 - 26", 1/4" ID Stainless Steel braided hose with 3/8" carbon steel gas female flares ends. These are rated for pressures up to 2000PSI! These are custom hoses I had made. Cost me $42 per hose, asking $35 per hose. Never used. Good for high pressure and rated to 1500 degrees F. Bend radius is 5".

Thanks in advance!

sending pm on 2- 1/2" FPT ball valves, 1/2" FPT cross.,

2nd in line for a burner if pm'er backs out

Do you happen to have the laser cut out? I bought your pots last year and would love to fill the missing hole in one of the lids.

Updated list - most fittings have been sold - still have most of the gas plumbing.

Thanks guys enjoy!

Everything pictured still available. Open to all offers.

Sorry the gate valves just sold - the list is updated now.

I'm interested in one of the pump heads. Are they complete pumps less the motor?

I intended to check my old pump today, hopefully can tomorrow. Any reason these pump heads were only used twice?

Yup - I replaced the heads with stainless heads :) I had a set of extras I kept on hand anyway.

Okay well on that note are the stainless heads really that much better? Was really considering a stainless steel head, but thought I could get by with a poly sulfide ones for now.

There are ups and downs of both. Polysulfone isn't nearly as sensitive to ambient temperature as stainless steel so you don't have to worry about losing heating as hot liquid is flowing through on a cold day. The real difference between the two comes at the threads. The threads on the inlet and outlet are not difficult to cross thread with the polysulfone heads and once you do you are screwed. Stainless can be cross threaded too but it's not nearly as easy. One other thing is I have a lot of heavy parts on top of my pumps and that head is basically supporting all the weight - so it was better for it to be stainless in this case. It just depends on your application.

Well I finally got around to rewiring my old pump and it indeed does work. Sorry it took so long to get back with you. Will you do $20 shipped for one of the heads, to 21788? Also do you still have any ball valves left?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back