Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > For Sale > For Sale - (Denver) White Oak Dowels for fermenting Flanders Red

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2010, 07:50 PM   #1
doobliebop
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default For Sale - (Denver) White Oak Dowels for fermenting Flanders Red

I recently purchased some white oak dowels for my batch of Flanders Red. These tend to be hard to find and have to be special ordered with a minimum purchase larger than the two I wanted, so I thought I'd throw the extras up here and see if anyone wants to buy them off me. The company charged me a lot for shipping (I guess they're an odd size to ship), so I'm only interested in local pickups. I live in northern Denver.

I have:
(2) 3/8"x3' --$5ea.
(2) 5/8"x3' --$6ea.

If you don't understand what these are for take a look at Jamil's Flanders Red recipe in "Brewing Classic Styles". He references Raj B Apte's fantastic research found here: http://www2.parc.com/emdl/members/ap...shredale.shtml

Instead of using a chair leg you can get a carboy stopper and drill out the exact width of the dowells. This should regulate the amount of oxygen perfectly.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2011, 09:25 PM   #2
milehighsuds
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Bump Bump

Your right those are a pain to find. Been a long time but do you still have these? Im in the Denver area and going to be brewing a flanders red this weekend

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply