• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Corney Keg Source $15ea. - Not me - SW Chicago

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crimsonwine

Reaction score
I needed to get my CO2 filled and I picked a place near me out of the phone book called A Barr Carbonic Gas in Lyons, IL. When I pulled in I saw hundreds of Corney Kegs stacked.

When I went in I asked the guy if they sell used kegs and he said yes..$15 each...but won't sell more than 5 at a time....They are affiliated with RC Cola somehow...

They filled my 5lb CO2 to while I waited for $18...

Just thought I would share the info with my fellow brewers...I am not affiliated with them in any way....So please don't message me asking about info on them...

Too bad I just bought a pair of kegs off eBay a couple days before I found this place...The one keg I did buy cleaned up real nice though....

kegs.jpg

I called a few moments ago, they only sell maybe 10 a week because of availability "as they come off the streets".

I guess I need to start brewing to fill all those kegs up don't I! ;)

I'll ship some to you for free Danaldor. :D

Pictures like that are so beautiful but yet so frustrating because you know there's so many old corny kegs still out there, but the prices are never going to get cheaper....

I was just lucky enough to get 10 free. They were full of 20 year old soda syrup but they cleaned up nice. They were about to go in a dumpster behind a bar( bar had new owner and cleaned out basement and found them behind a wall) nice score for me.

My phone camera was not wide enough to get the whole stack! and there was another stack about half that size farther back!

should of asked if they had any 3gal....

Unfortunately that stack is not for sale, just some of the cast offs as they come in. I was told maybe 10 a week.

Still a excellent find for the locals. I want to fill a void in my area and distribute cornies but can never find a big enough quantity.

A Barr Carbonic
4424 Prescott Avenue
Lyons, IL 60534-1932
(708) 447-7842

Has anyone bought some from them yet?

Yes I have..that is what this thread is about....I bought one for $15...they also have 3 gallon ones but he said they wont sell them...

On these kegs the address is not correct ,nor the no# A-barr is on Joliet Rd not at the address posted. Granted A-barr posted is the Main Co. But with this said the kegs are at a Sister Co. Where they are returned too. Also fill co2 at this facilty. If you was on I-355 to I-55 go N on 171 to Joliet Rd. turn right go bout 2 1/2 miles its on Left side rd cant miss the big stack of corny's . If you want kegs trust me follow my directions and they will sell you few if avaliable . 3 gallon 1's are not for sale trust me dont ask ! Dealt w/this co. Joe is a great guy.He told me other day the Main office got so many call's owner was gonna stop selling these possibly. Thank's

Back