Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > For Sale > For Sale - Complete Magic Brew setup with 5 extra Kegs

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2011, 08:24 PM   #21
jeepinjeepin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1043 Times on 1022 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Took the photos down out of embarrassment?

Walmart is about the only reason for open or concealed carry that I can get behind. -Randar

Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2011, 08:26 PM   #22
AJD4ND
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetSmooth View Post
Hacked up, used kegs in that condition run maybe $30 on Craigslist.
At that price I'd be "ripping" myself off considering someone offered me $300 for all the kegs.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:27 PM   #23
JetSmooth
Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJD4ND

At that price I'd be "ripping" myself off considering someone offered me $300 for all the kegs.
Well prices fluctuate and differ regionally. Pursue that person and sell them the kegs.

Bottling the Belgian: A Photo Odyssey

Beer is the mind-killer. Beer is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my beer. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see it's path. When the beer has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:29 PM   #24
BrewThruYou
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJD4ND View Post
The unit brand new is 5k plus 5 $500 kegs...It's a used product.
Where are you getting $500 kegs from? Is that the 18k gold lined version?

And it's far from a used product...that thing was beat to holy hell...rust everywhere, looked bent in some spots, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetSmooth View Post
Hacked up, used kegs in that condition run maybe $30 on Craigslist.
+1.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:31 PM   #25
ThickHead
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJD4ND View Post
This is a used product that I am open to offers of what the buyer feels is fair.
Just go with this bit.

It is obvious that your audience, to date, does not agree with your valuation of the product you are trying to sell. Requesting offers from this community, with the information that you have provided, will be more likely to get you a sale. Taking the pictures down and becoming offensive is not a very sound strategy.

Good luck with your sale.

Chad

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer."

-Abraham Lincoln

Old 05-19-2011, 08:35 PM   #26
brandonhagen1
this beer is good
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 13

dont feel bad just givin you s#%t but it was a bit high even for an asking price

god made beer,beer is good,beer is good,BEER!!!

from Stupid Gnome Brewing

"I feel wonderful, drinking beer in a blissful mood, with joy in my heart and a happy liver." — Sumerian inscription, 3000 BCE

Old 05-19-2011, 09:27 PM   #27
AJD4ND
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThickHead View Post
Just go with this bit.

It is obvious that your audience, to date, does not agree with your valuation of the product you are trying to sell. Requesting offers from this community, with the information that you have provided, will be more likely to get you a sale. Taking the pictures down and becoming offensive is not a very sound strategy.

Good luck with your sale.
Pictures are down because I am no longer offering the product to this community.

The owner of this product was a very successful wine brewer. He obviously did not take care of his items but some things he has are still in very good condition. This was one of his many toys he used aside from brewing wine for a living.

What I felt was a community here to offer some of his other various things he collected over time, my opinion was quickly changed.

If you don't agree with the asking price, that is you're opinion you are entitled to. But the rude and negative comments are unnecessary.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:50 PM   #28
RDWHAHB
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Did my offer go through??
All kidding aside, you might be able to fetch $1000 with the right buyer. That may be a stretch though. 4K was a bit out there as a asking price. No need to get too upset. Cheers, Jeff

Old 05-19-2011, 10:11 PM   #29
watersr
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 24 Posts

If you offer to sell a turd for a million bucks, even to the nicest community you will be met with incredulity at best and derision at worst. Your estimation of the value is very I'll informed. You would have done better to use the fact that this is a " community" and solicited advise from the dozens of people here who know exactly what you have. You would have been treated fairly.

Burn the village, then drink the beer!

LongDukDong Likes This 
Old 05-20-2011, 12:22 AM   #30
AJD4ND
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by watersr View Post
If you offer to sell a turd for a million bucks, even to the nicest community you will be met with incredulity at best and derision at worst. Your estimation of the value is very I'll informed. You would have done better to use the fact that this is a " community" and solicited advise from the dozens of people here who know exactly what you have. You would have been treated fairly.
I'm looking at about $8000 worth of parts when brand new. Knocked that in half for the bad condition for a starting ground on negotiations. Didn't know that was so wrong on my end. I felt it was valued at one price, you guys felt another, why be rude and inconsiderate when telling me you feel its worth less?

Closed Thread

Quick Reply