We've had a few sketchy deals go down in this area, so some things to take note of.
These two frauds were related but it is not always easy to figure out. Especially the second one.
1. OP had lots and lots and lots of really good deals posted on several sites. Google the name and certain parts of the post. If you see http://www.google.com/search?q=henrydg+gift+certificates&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a, that's a red flag.
2. Low to no post count on here and every other sites.
3. Reluctance to answer a direct question.
4. Images were hosted by a not-so-typical web host. (SE Asia)
5. OP used stock images. You should request recent and multiple pictures.
6. OP wanted quick transactions.
HBT does not vet the classifieds, it's up to you to help out. If people are asking legit questions (and yes, that includes motive to sell) and being civil about it, that's a good thing. If the seller is being indignant about it, too bad. That's the price of doing business here.
Ask lots of questions. If you buy, a portion of your money goes toward trust. Make sure that person earns it.
|All times are GMT. The time now is 09:41 PM.|
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.