• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Ohio Cincinnati - $2 for 5 ml Hop Shot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnagel

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Would rather not deal with shipping so only people in Cincinnati.

I wanted to try using hop extract but LHBS didn't carry them and I didn't want to have to pay shipping for a couple syringes so I bought a bulk container of CO2 hop extract ​but now I have A LOT more than I need (see picture).

So I'd like to offer up some of the hop shots. If you aren't aware, this is what I'm talking about - http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/hopshot.html. It's used in hoppy beers to avoid the vegetal flavors you can get from using a lot of pellet hops in a recipe. Supposedly Heady Topper and Pliney, among others, use them and the clone recipes use them as well.

As you can see in the picture, most are packaged in 2.5 ml quantities, so I'll offer them up for $1 per 2.5 ml hop shot which isn't much more than my cost after the syringe and extract. So it's a 33% savings from NB without shipping, which adds quite a bit more ($8). I would also entertain any $4$ beer trades on interesting beers :)

cCho499.jpg

Interested if you decide to ship.. I'd guess a couple would ship in a bubble mailer or whatnot pretty easily & cheaply..

Where in cincinnati would I go to pick up? Would like to try these. How long do they keep?

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Where in cincinnati would I go to pick up? Would like to try these. How long do they keep?

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew
You have a couple options.

I live near Kenwood Mall so you could pick them up after 5 most nights during the week and on the weekends.

Or I work in St. Bernard, so you could pick them up during the day during the week.

From what I've read online, they should last up to 5 years when stored in the freezer. But I have no direct experience with their longevity.

I'd be interested, and I live about 5 minutes from you. PM me and we'll work it out.

Back