Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > For Sale > Cheap Copper at Home Depot

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #221
Fresh95
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

For the people who aren't having any luck, ask the staff to check clearance racks. When I went in they only had full price items listed with stickers, but I mentioned that I had read online some copper tubing was on clearance at other stores. The guy went to the next isle over's clearance area and found some 60' 1/2" ID for 29$. There was no tag or anything, he had to check using the barcode and his HD app.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, or if this is even accurate, but the clearance might be on Mueller brand only. I can't remember if I had read that earlier in the thread, if the guy at HD mentioned it, or if I'm just making the memory up. I feel like I heard HD was switching suppliers so they were getting rid of old stock. Maybe that was just a theory, but it might be worth asking about that brand.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2013, 03:56 PM   #222
masonsjax
Professional Amateur
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 285 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 282

An employee at my local store laughed in my face when I asked about it. He said I was lied to and that they would never lower the price on copper for any reason ever. I told him I had seen photos of the discount stickers and he said maybe in other states, but definitely not around here. I looked and didn't see any sale prices on anything. Shame, I really could use a 50' chiller.

I aim to misbehave.

Newsman Likes This 
Old 11-22-2013, 03:59 PM   #223
mbbransc
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonsjax View Post
An employee at my local store laughed in my face when I asked about it. He said I was lied to and that they would never lower the price on copper for any reason ever. I told him I had seen photos of the discount stickers and he said maybe in other states, but definitely not around here. I looked and didn't see any sale prices on anything. Shame, I really could use a 50' chiller.
I went to one HD and took a picture of the 'clearance sticker' because they were out. I took the pic to a 2nd HD and the lady didn't believe me. She looked it up anyway and sure enough, they had one left. She said to me "I can scrap it and make money."

Anyway, I'm betting the rep you spoke to was just like all the others and just isn't aware.

Old 11-22-2013, 04:06 PM   #224
CCBrewer
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Um yes.... I'm sorry my keggle HERMS runs on "un"leaded ...copper

Can believe no one did this yet lol

Primary1: Apfelwein (11/18/11)
Keg-1: SNPA 1/6
Keg-6: Soda Water
Thinking: Bavarian Hefeweizen, Centennial Blonde,
Swmbo Slayer,
MEADS LOTS

Old 11-22-2013, 04:12 PM   #225
rideincircles
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I found the 1/2" i.d. x 60' for $35 in the Fort Worth area. They also had the 3/4" x 60' for $80. Both of those were 75% off. I did not see any others on sale, and I had to price check the 1/2" i.d. since it said it was $90. May run by another home depot today and check.

Started brewing February 2012:
All grain and partial mash brewer depending on time. Meads and apfelwein also.

Old 11-23-2013, 01:53 AM   #226
snccoulter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 35

This is what I was able to find today. $35.00 for 60 feet of 1/2 inch, they had 60 foot of 3/4 for 60 bucks... I would have bought it also but my wife would have killed me..

2013-11-22_11-36-40_475.jpg  
“Fairy tales don't tell children that dragons exist; children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
― G.K. Chesterton
http://whatalesyou.webs.com/

Old 11-23-2013, 06:40 AM   #227
evandena
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by snccoulter View Post
This is what I was able to find today. $35.00 for 60 feet of 1/2 inch, they had 60 foot of 3/4 for 60 bucks... I would have bought it also but my wife would have killed me..
I will payyyyyy you

My YouTube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/evandena/videos

Newsman Likes This 
Old 11-25-2013, 01:46 AM   #228
MikeInMKE
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I've seen this thread for what, two weeks plus? I keep forgetting to swing by the local HD (Grafton, WI) to see if they've got any. Tonight I remembered to stop in, thinking there's no way, no way there'd be any left, if there were even any to begin with.

I look. Hmm, no such animal. Not even a place on the shelf for it along with all the other copper tubing. I'll ask someone because, why not, right?

So I get someone. Tell him what I'm looking for. He tells me I'm crazy, they'd never sell that much copper pipe for that cheap. But he gets a ladder and starts going through an upper shelf down the isle from the rest of the copper tubing. Sure as sh!t! Score! One box left of 1/2" ID 60 foot long copper tubing. Price: $28.54 out the door.

Primary 1: Maibock
Primary 2: Marzen (Oktoberfest)
Primary 3: Empty
Bottled/Kegged: Grateful Dead Guy, Bourbon Barrel Porter, Oktoberfest, Maibock, Barnyard Brown Ale, EdWort's Robust Porter, BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde, Mosaic APA, Moose Drool clone plus, Raging Red Irish Ale, Galaxy APA, Dead Guy clone

People Like This 
Old 11-25-2013, 04:05 AM   #229
jtratcliff
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 23

FWIW I went to the Glendale CA HD.... None on the shelf... The sales associate said there was 1 still in the system... He climbed up the ladder to look for me. No dice. He said there were none (of the 1/2" 50 ft) in stock nearby.

So there might be 1 in Glendale if you can get someone to find it for you.

Old 11-27-2013, 03:45 PM   #230
bigmike99
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 23 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 221 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Pretty sure I'm gonna end up selling mine and buying a pre made one. Just don't have the time with a major surgery approaching. I'm out on eastern Long Island if someone local is interested pm me.

Quick Reply