*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > For Sale > For Sale - Brewing aparatus that I don't have time to finish. Dallas area

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2009, 01:32 AM   #1
jordanpace
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Default For Sale - Brewing aparatus that I don't have time to finish. Dallas area

I have been building brewing sculpture the last few months but I am not having to get rid of it.

I am moving out of the country to study for 3 years and wont be needing a half finished sculpture sitting around.

It is basically a 20 gallon system.

The BK is a 25 gallon mega pot purchased off of northernbrewer.com awhile back and has a 1/2 coupler welded to the front and a 1/8 (i believe) coupler welded on the front for the thermometer.

The other 2 kettles are converted 15.5 sanke kegs, however they have not been drilled for holes (one does have a large hold drilled in for a heating element but the 1" coupler for it was never welded on).

I made the stand out of 1" square tubing and a mig welder.

The stand has 2 brand new March 809HS-PL pumps mounted and a Low Pressure Burner 103,000 BTUs Propane.

The rig was meant to be a HERMS system with a propane heated boil kettle.
It comes with a control box and a 1/16 DIN PID Temperature Controller (SSR control output) mounted.
I have a water filter halfway mounted at the moment and a half made wort chiller.

I will even throw in a 6.5 gallon glass carboy and a maple mash paddle (purchased off of morebeer.com over 2 years ago).

It is also mounted on wheels and rolls like a dream on a level surface.

Here are the pictures...

$700 takes everything. (i've seen these types of stands go for almost 1k)

I am located near the DFW.

PM if interested. By the way this is a local pick up only, thx.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2009, 01:17 PM   #2
Suthrncomfrt1884
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 3

If you weren't in such a long drive or I had more time on my hands, you'd have a deal. I don't think it should cost $700 with used kegs, but it would save me the hassle of building it myself.

Another HERMS rig...

Old 10-23-2009, 07:47 PM   #3
jordanpace
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 34

looks to be sold

Old 10-23-2009, 09:53 PM   #4
Sawdustguy
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suthrncomfrt1884 View Post
If you weren't in such a long drive or I had more time on my hands, you'd have a deal. I don't think it should cost $700 with used kegs, but it would save me the hassle of building it myself.
You have to be kidding. Do you want him to give it away? I hate to rant but I can't believe how many people here want others to have to give their used stuff away. In this case Suthrncomfrt1884 is selling the welded brew stand (with some of the plumbing already done), the keggles, a burner, 2 march pumps, the control box with a PID controller, a 25 gallon megapot and other stuff I am sure I missed and you think $700 is too much? If you have never built a brewery like this you have no idea how much this stuff costs. Rant over.

Guy

Old 10-23-2009, 10:03 PM   #5
Boerderij_Kabouter

Recipes 

Liked 119 Times on 103 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Who ever bought this got away with armed robbery. That was a wicked good deal.

Old 10-24-2009, 01:06 AM   #6
PortageeExpress
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerderij_Kabouter View Post
Who ever bought this got away with armed robbery. That was a wicked good deal.
Absolutely. If the buyer happens to get hit by a bus before picking it up, please let me know.

Old 10-24-2009, 02:15 AM   #7
doggage
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Man, that's an excellent deal. I wish I had the cash, but I don't think my credit union would consider this a legitimate purchase using a "home improvement" loan.

Old 10-24-2009, 03:18 AM   #8
Sawdustguy
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 25 Posts

Jordanspace,

You must be one hell of a generous guy because you gave some lucky brewer Christmas in October!

Guy

Old 10-24-2009, 04:48 PM   #9
Suthrncomfrt1884
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustguy View Post
is selling the welded brew stand (with some of the plumbing already done), the keggles, a burner, 2 march pumps, the control box with a PID controller, a 25 gallon megapot and other stuff I am sure I missed and you think $700 is too much?
The keggles are worthless in my opinion. If he bought them brand new from sabco, that'd be a different story. But they're used AB kegs. I've already got three of them and they cost me around 50 a piece to make them. As for the rest of the things you listed...

The brew stand is tough to pick a price point. Do I know how well of a welder this guy is? I'm assuming he did good work since he was going to use it himself...but it's also not fully complete, meaning I have to do more work to it. Sweat equity is worthless in resale.

The burner, pumps, PID, and megapot combined have a pricetag of less than $700.

After re-thinking it, I do believe it's a good price at $700 for everything. BUT, it's in no way a steal. That's just my opinion.

Another HERMS rig...

Old 10-24-2009, 05:11 PM   #10
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

The 2 march pumps alone are worth $300. I am unsure why other folks feel like they need to tell someone what there equipment is worth. You cannot put a price tag on someone's time. If he wanted to post it for 1200, then that is his right, but it really doesn't seem ethical to call someone out on what they are pricing the equipment at. This is a free market society, if you don't want to buy it at that price then move on, don't insult someone by telling them that there equipment isn't worth what they have priced it at.

I don't care if he is only into it for $300 and he is making a 100% profit. It is not his business to make sure he doesn't make money on the sale.

Quick Reply