New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > For Sale > WTB (Want To Buy) - Barley Crusher grain mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 07:48 PM   #1
JonGrafto
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 84 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default WTB (Want To Buy) - Barley Crusher grain mill

I've been looking around for quite some time and I always seem to miss out in the classified sections. So I am putting this up to see if anyone bites.

I am looking to start purchasing grain in bulk and wanted to mill my own grain, hence the request for a Barley Crusher OR equivalent. Not looking to spend tons of money, just something to get me by.

No thanks on the Corona type mills. I'm looking for something I can attach my drill to. I would say that on average, I will be running no more than a couple hundred lbs per year (Maybe 15 batches per year)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 08:20 PM   #2
Schumed
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Guy in my club....added a drill to his corona mill and built a custom hopper ...it was pretty cool.....just saying....I personally don't like my barley crusher...saving up for a monster mill

"To alcohol! The cause of... and solution to... all of life's problems,"

Old 01-03-2013, 08:38 PM   #3
zeekage
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 2

There's nothing stopping you from attaching a drill to the corona mill. I did it with mine. If that's all thats forcing you to think of upgrading mills, then just head to HD/Lowes and grab some threaded rod that's the same threads as the handle that fits in there. The drill chuck will grip the threads pretty easily. you can grind a couple flat spots if it helps too. One thing I think I've heard before is to put two nuts on the threaded rod so that it doesnt bottom out when you screw it into the mill. If it does, as you mill you'll keep tightening it to the point it'll be nearly impossible to remove if you ever wanted. FWIW I got my mill working pretty well just like this one: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/1308996-post144.html I just didn't get to the point of putting the water bottle on top. I just used the hopper inluded with the mill.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:18 PM   #4
zeekage
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Just got the Austin newsletter and this was in it: http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?products_id=13559

Old 01-11-2013, 02:06 PM   #5
JonGrafto
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 84 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Purchased one from another HBT'r....

Closed... Thanks all for the input.

Quick Reply