Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > For Sale > For Sale - Anyone willing to share some Rhizomes?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2013, 06:32 AM   #11
Spyksman
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobeers View Post
I live in riverside and have bought some ryzomes from Morebeer. They were alive and healthy. Your best bet might be to call and see when they should arrive. This would garuntee the healthiest stick and they should be pest free which might be a problem if bought from some random person
I had better luck with the ones from Williams brew supply and shipping is only 7.50 nomatter how maney you buy. Hope this helps.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #12
beaksnbeer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 490 Times on 326 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovik View Post
Well I never found my Cascade rhizomes last year but would still like to plant a couple. My next door neighbor has 6 well established plants that he doesn't seem interested in sharing, he doesn't even pick the cones let alone share them with fellow brewers, so sad to watch them turn brown on the vines...
If anyone can share some I'll gladly pay for shipping!
Damn, I bet those cones would "fall off" and float off into space.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #13
Hovik
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobeers View Post
I live in riverside and have bought some ryzomes from Morebeer. They were alive and healthy. Your best bet might be to call and see when they should arrive. This would garuntee the healthiest stick and they should be pest free which might be a problem if bought from some random person
My wife teaches at UCR this quarter and I have been making excuses to tag along with her (either to go to morebeer or electronics warehouse) so I get out that way every week lately. But I always think it's cool when people get together and share the wealth, cutting out the middleman profiteer. For example, I propagate plants (no not that kind) in my garden and pass them out to the neighbors for free just to share something that it didn't cost me anything to make. That said, if I am forced to go to morebeer to buy them I will but I wanted to see first if there was anyone out there propagating hops in their garden and passing them out to their homebrew "neighbors".

Old 02-07-2013, 02:57 PM   #14
D3Brewing
Recipes 

Hovik,
The Cascade rhizomes I picked up last year did great. I got 3-4oz out of them and actually planted them late in the summer. If you can make it down to Oceanside one of these days I'll dig one up and cut you a few.

Quick Reply