Home Brew Forums

Home Brew Forums (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum.php)
-   For Sale (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f16/)
-   -   All grain equipment, supplies, kegs, kegerator in Chicago (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f16/all-grain-equipment-supplies-kegs-kegerator-chicago-374275/)

jetlink1983 12-14-2012 08:11 PM

All grain equipment, supplies, kegs, kegerator in Chicago
 
I am getting out of brewing for now and offering up all of my supplies and equipment. At this time I am not willing to part things out, so please don't ask. I am located in Chicago and would really like to sell locally. I am dividing this up into four sections for sale, brewing, kegging, english cask, and the kegerator.

Brewing Equipment: Makes 5 gallon batches using all stainless steel fittings with cam lock connects/disconnects, and food grade high temp silicone tubing. Using two march pumps, brewing is a breeze with the quick disconnects and stainless ball valves and fittings. I finally submitted one of my beers to competition and won a silver medal in it's category. This is as close to an automated, dialed in system without getting something more professional. I will be more than happy to give a demo/walk through of the brewing operation. This is everything you need to do 5 gallon all grain batches!

Three 6 gallon better bottles
Two 10 gallon igloo coolers that have been converted to a mash tun with stainless false bottom, and a hot water tank all with stainless quick disconnects
Aluminum brew kettle with stainless ball valve and quick disconnect, capable of whirlpooling
Stainless spare brew kettle
March pump "toolbox," two march pumps installed in a rolling toolbox, with stainless quick disconnects and GFCI outlet
70 plate wort chiller with stainless quick disconnects
Multiple spare quick disconnect fittings and spare o-rings
Random assortment of airlocks, stoppers, hydrometers, sanitizers, etc

Brand new this gear is priced at around $1200. Asking $800


Kegging: This is everything you need to start kegging and then some. I AM NOT SELLING THE KEGS BY THEMSELVES. Only with the rest of the equipment or the kegerator.

5 pound stainless steel co2 tank
Primary Regulator
Keg Lube and O-Rings
Extra ball lock fittings
Counter Pressure Bottle Filler so you can still fill bottles

Brand new this equipment minus the kegs would be $249, Asking $175 plus $35 each for however many kegs you want (I have 14 available)

English Cask: Everything you need to make a real ale in a cask

5.4 gallon pin cask
Bungs, spiles and tap with pouring spout

Brand new at Northern Brewer for $200, asking $175


The Kegerator: I built this a couple of years ago using a brand new chest freezer from sears. It holds 7 corny kegs, but is currently only setup to dispense 6 taps. It is red oak that has been stained, as well as frosted glass around the front, and real marble tile. It also lights up with LED's! Can be fully disassembled. Currently setup to run both Co2 at two pressures, I run beer and soda pressures. I also have a beergas kit to run stouts on the stout faucet if you would like that. Ready to go, currently dispensing amber ale, holiday wine, club soda, and homemade root beer.

5 Perlick faucets, 2 of which are creamer style faucets
1 Guiness Stout faucet
1 35lb Co2 tank with primary regulator running to a secondary dual pressure regulator
Spare primary regulator
Beverage line and co2 line with all ball lock fittings attached

This kegerator cost me about $2000 plus all the time and labor I put into it. I'm asking $1500 plus $35 per keg you would like with it.

http://i.imgur.com/3Sk65.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/DThro.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QmAmE.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Pb2hn.jpg

PintoBean 12-15-2012 03:05 PM

Interested in the kegerator and possibly the brewing setup, where are you in Chicago? I'm in south burbs.

mrwizard0 12-15-2012 03:35 PM

I would take 2 of the kegs. I will be in Chicago around the 22nd

jetlink1983 12-15-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrwizard0 (Post 4685267)
I would take 2 of the kegs. I will be in Chicago around the 22nd

Sorry kegs aren't for sale by themselves.

mrwizard0 12-15-2012 05:25 PM

Sorry I didn't read the whole thing. If you change your mind let me know

Handsaw 12-16-2012 07:59 PM

What are the dimensions of the kegerator? Can the top part with the taps be removed for moving?

robm184 12-25-2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetlink1983 (Post 4683336)

Three 6 gallon better bottles
Two 10 gallon igloo coolers that have been converted to a mash tun with stainless false bottom, and a hot water tank all with stainless quick disconnects
Aluminum brew kettle with stainless ball valve and quick disconnect, capable of whirlpooling
Stainless spare brew kettle
March pump "toolbox," two march pumps installed in a rolling toolbox, with stainless quick disconnects and GFCI outlet
70 plate wort chiller with stainless quick disconnects
Multiple spare quick disconnect fittings and spare o-rings
Random assortment of airlocks, stoppers, hydrometers, sanitizers, etc

Brand new this gear is priced at around $1200. Asking $800

Would you be willing to ship, if you are we could negotiate on this portion with seamlessly no issues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetlink1983 (Post 4683336)
Kegging: This is everything you need to start kegging and then some. I AM NOT SELLING THE KEGS BY THEMSELVES. Only with the rest of the equipment or the kegerator.

5 pound stainless steel co2 tank
Primary Regulator
Keg Lube and O-Rings
Extra ball lock fittings
Counter Pressure Bottle Filler so you can still fill bottles

Brand new this equipment minus the kegs would be $249, Asking $175 plus $35 each for however many kegs you want (I have 14 available)

I would say if you cover shipping on all I would take this as well with 6 kegs.

gx1400 12-26-2012 12:19 AM

If you are unable to sell the tool box and/or the quick disconnect fittings and hoses, I would be all over it.

Understand you don't want to part out, but if you change your mind or run into trouble, I'm interested.

Gear101 12-26-2012 12:45 AM

I would be interested in this "March pump "toolbox," two march pumps installed in a rolling toolbox, with stainless quick disconnects and GFCI outlet" if you part out.

Anthmonkey 12-26-2012 09:55 AM

If you decide to part out I would be interested in the igloo coolers.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:23 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.