• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

20' wort chiller and false bottom.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThwWorm

Reaction score
Bought this chiller from Steinfillers in Long Beach CA. Cost me $80. Looking to get rid of it for $40. Local pickup would be great, but i can ship on the buyers dime. $40 OBO

IMG_20120221_214717.jpg

Next is a false bottom that i cut out of some 16 gauge perforated stainless steel. Its about 15.25" in diameter. I ended up with 2 so i dont need this one any more. Needs to be cleaned up around the edges still. $35 face to face. **Sold to uncleben113**

Wow, nice work. how did you cut it out and were did obtain the perforated steel? I'm considering options for a DIY...

Very impressive. I'm in the process of converting a 13 gal keg to a MLT and need a false bottom. The only thing is, my keg is less that 15 inches in diameter. How hard would it be to cut that thing?

i've already got a grinder and a SS blade for it

Very impressive. I'm in the process of converting a 13 gal keg to a MLT and need a false bottom. The only thing is, my keg is less that 15 inches in diameter. How hard would it be to cut that thing?

i've already got a grinder and a SS blade for it

Probably not too hard at all. You already have a hole in the dead center you can use as your guide for a jig.

The dip tube i got from bargain fittings was too short some how. But i may have ordered the wrong thing. Unfortunatly i would just be getting rid of the fb.

I've never come in contact with one of these things. How sturdy is it? I mean, would I have to put some kind of support underneath it to keep it from collapsing under the weight of wet grain?

I've never come in contact with one of these things. How sturdy is it? I mean, would I have to put some kind of support underneath it to keep it from collapsing under the weight of wet grain?

it is very sturdy. shouldn't need any support.

Back