Home Brew Forums

Home Brew Forums (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum.php)
-   For Sale (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f16/)
-   -   2 New NEVER USED Spunding Valves (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f16/2-new-never-used-spunding-valves-349080/)

dallasdb 08-21-2012 08:36 PM

2 New NEVER USED Spunding Valves
 
1 Attachment(s)
I have two spunding valves that are brand new, never used.

Asking $20 each with NEW pin lock and ball lock fittings, just let me know which you need.

I need to recoup some $$$ from a recent purchase that SWMBO isn't happy with :(

Here is a pic from the HBT wiki, actual pics coming soon.

Here is the article about spunding http://www.homebrewtalk.com/wiki/index.php/Spunding

zeekage 08-21-2012 08:38 PM

Ah OK the price is up there now. Now the question is, do these have just an open/close valve on them or a valve that would let me set it for a specific pressure and it will auto vent any pressure over that.

I've been considering doing this for lagers in the future . .

dallasdb 08-21-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeekage (Post 4349881)
how much for the ball lock one?

Wow that was fast! Asking $20 with the ball or pin lock connection. Let me know!

dallasdb 08-21-2012 08:44 PM

3 Attachment(s)
This is my 666th post... that can't be good!

Attachment 72652



Attachment 72653


FYI you don't need the attached barbs in this picture for the spunding valve.
Attachment 72654

ekjohns 08-21-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeekage (Post 4349881)
Ah OK the price is up there now. Now the question is, do these have just an open/close valve on them or a valve that would let me set it for a specific pressure and it will auto vent any pressure over that.

I've been considering doing this for lagers in the future . .

seems to me like you manually bleed of pressure these are not the auto-bleed ones

dallasdb 08-21-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeekage (Post 4349881)
Ah OK the price is up there now. Now the question is, do these have just an open/close valve on them or a valve that would let me set it for a specific pressure and it will auto vent any pressure over that.

I've been considering doing this for lagers in the future . .

These are the ones you manually bleed. Even with the ones that have the pressure piece, I read they have to be monitored and bled just as much because you have to keep tweaking it. I never actually used them so I couldn't tell you.

The wiki, that inspired me to buy these, sounded super simple to dial in.

Make me an offer, need the cash! Thanks

ekjohns 08-21-2012 11:46 PM

Ill give you $20 shipped for 1. Seems low but I could get the same thing for $25 from midwest supplies.... actually let me think about it as I would be converting it to an auto mode

E-Mursed 08-22-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallasdb

These are the ones you manually bleed. Even with the ones that have the pressure piece, I read they have to be monitored and bled just as much because you have to keep tweaking it. I never actually used them so I couldn't tell you.

Not true - the adjustable relief valves will hold a constant pressure when adjusted properly.

I use them exclusively.

dallasdb 08-22-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E-Mursed (Post 4350360)
Not true - the adjustable relief valves will hold a constant pressure when adjusted properly.

I use them exclusively.

Gotcha! I was confused when I read this article.

http://byo.com/stories/projects-and-equipment/article/indices/20-build-it-yourself/400-build-your-own-spunding-valve-to-carbonate-in-the-keg

"To calibrate the adjustable pressure relief valve, you only need to monitor the pressure gauge. When it slightly exceeds your desired carbonation pressure (I generally shoot for 14 PSI) turn the top adjuster counter clockwise until pressure just starts to bleed off. Watch the gauge and when 14 PSI is indicated turn the adjuster back in (clockwise) until the pressure stops escaping.

After 4 or 5 days, turn the relief valve adjuster back in (clockwise) 1/2 turn and monitor the gauge for another day. If the pressure does not increase, you know that all secondary fermentation has ceased and the proper carbonation level has been retained.

An added bonus is that you need not transfer your beer again. It is well carbonated and ready to chill. Your secondary fermenter also doubles as your serving tank. Cheers!"

I thought the article was describing calibrating the keg pressure each time. I didn't know you could set it and forget it!

I looked up the valve, it ain't cheap! $16.82

http://www.drillspot.com/products/47211/Control_Devices_CR25-100_Variable_Pressure_Relief_Valve

dallasdb 08-22-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ekjohns (Post 4350317)
Ill give you $20 shipped for 1. Seems low but I could get the same thing for $25 from midwest supplies.... actually let me think about it as I would be converting it to an auto mode

I looked all over for a price before I listed this but I looked for "spunding valve" not for "Bleeder valve."

I've had them for awhile and never used them, couldn't remember exactly how much they cost me.

Price has been updated $20 ea


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:01 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.