Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > For Sale > For Sale - 2.5 Gal Firestone cornelius ball lock keg, racetrack lid

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2011, 03:42 PM   #1
toates
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default For Sale - 2.5 Gal Firestone cornelius ball lock keg, racetrack lid

Ebay three day absolute auction for two seperate 2.5 Gal. ball lock kegs. These were found in a neighbors garage and haven't been used in 10+ years.

The rubber and washers need to be replaced but all the parts are there (except one poppet). The writing on the keg says:

Firestone Steel Products Co.
Spartanburg, SC
Max cap. 2.5 GAL

I will attempt to describe as best I can what is included. Please refer to the detailed pictures as well. It is all aluminum or steel construction with the black plastic molded base. The posts, washers and one poppet are included but all the rubber washers, poppets and/or seals need to be replaced. It was not pressure tested but there are no holes in the keg, no dents. Both the gas in and liquid out posts are included. There is a long aluminum liquid pickup tube and a approx. 1" plastic gas in tube. There are plastic washers that look to hold the poppet in place under the posts that need to be replaced. I believe the lid is a "racetrack" style oval lid. One has a blue/green plastic lid with a pressure release value in the center and the other is metal alum I think with a pressure release valve.

See detailed photos here:

Ebay Auction Keg 1
Link to detailed pics keg 1

Link to Auction 2
Link to detailed pics Keg 2

Discounted combined shipping is offered at actual cost for both items to the same buyer.

kgrhqz-jge1uyt6qbnbnlt7p3ydg-_12.jpg   kgrhqz-l4e2eekctchbnltiwenyq-_12.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2011, 04:37 PM   #2
OntarioBeerKegs
www.OntarioBeerKegs.com
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 

Recipes 

Liked 41 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Garage finds... Was sitting next to bug spray or empty bottles please.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:27 PM   #3
toates
Recipes 

Thats a fair point. I should have added that the neighbors garage that it came from said that he acquired it in a storage warehouse purchase along with a bunch of other frozen drink machine stuff that has long since been thrown out. I would assume this was for the syrup drink mix. Doesn't have any other indications of non-food use.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:53 PM   #4
nostalgia
Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 8

All aluminum? Not stainless steel?

-Joe

Old 04-01-2011, 06:29 PM   #5
toates
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgia View Post
All aluminum? Not stainless steel?

-Joe
I assumed it was aluminum due to the weight and how clean it looks after so many years but it is made by the Firestone "Steel" Co. I guess it is stainless steel.

Quick Reply