Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > For Sale > Sold - $16 Corny Kegs (not mine)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2009, 02:16 AM   #51
MultumInParvo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
this is over
Actually, you cant still get them for 16 bucks if you go to the store. Girlfriend just got more today.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2009, 02:38 AM   #52
iparks81
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 10

It depends on what type of financial sitch you are in....me...I'd clean the kegs myself and spend the elbow grease instead of the frog skins... but others might think differently, to each their own.
I'd still say "what a deal"...hop on the train if your willing to clean yourself.

Old 12-07-2009, 01:28 PM   #53
Mellman
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I ordered 14 of these puppies...two for a friend, the rest for me so i can get sorted out...even got a green one and a black and green one...so now i have a dedicated soda keg! All of mine were in GREAT shape and frankly...i'd be cleaning / sanitizing any keg i got from any vendor...these were in better shape than i was expecting. Only two had what i'd call 'major' dents in them, but the handles are all snug, and they all were pressurized when they got to my door!

Question though...for those of you who ordered recently, were they all cornys? I got at least one or two firestone kegs...I'm not sure if it's worth complaining about or not. it's kindof a PITA because i hate having diff keg parts, but maybe i can just find someone to trade with locally...

Old 12-07-2009, 03:08 PM   #54
MultumInParvo
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellman View Post
I ordered 14 of these puppies...two for a friend, the rest for me so i can get sorted out...even got a green one and a black and green one...so now i have a dedicated soda keg! All of mine were in GREAT shape and frankly...i'd be cleaning / sanitizing any keg i got from any vendor...these were in better shape than i was expecting. Only two had what i'd call 'major' dents in them, but the handles are all snug, and they all were pressurized when they got to my door!

Question though...for those of you who ordered recently, were they all cornys? I got at least one or two firestone kegs...I'm not sure if it's worth complaining about or not. it's kindof a PITA because i hate having diff keg parts, but maybe i can just find someone to trade with locally...
I got all cornys when I picked them up. But now I am kind of concerned that maybe my girlfriend may have got firestone kegs? I have yet to see them, I guess I can have her check when she's done with classes for the day.

Quick Reply