New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > For Sale > For Sale - 15 cu ft chest freezer (cheap)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2012, 09:12 PM   #1
DocBrown
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default For Sale - 15 cu ft chest freezer (cheap)

I'm nearly finished with a pretty massive kegerator (I'll post pictures of it soon). A couple weeks ago I mounted the collar and the tap box (which sits above and behind the freezer so they're out of the way when I want to open the lid and put kegs inside) on a 15 cu ft freezer I'd been chilling my kegs in for a while. When I turned it back on, the compressor came on, but it would never cool the freezer. I ended up having to modify my collar and re-work a few things, not to mention purchasing a new $400 freezer, but there you go.

Anyway, I want to get rid of the old freezer. Yes, it doesn't cool anything. If you have some experience working with refrigeration units, maybe you can fix it and get it working again. It does use the old R12 freon in case that poses an additional problem. If it's not worth fixing, it might work well as a fermentation chamber (using a different cooling unit) or a grain storage area.

I know this thing isn't worth much. If you're interested, make an offer. If you want to trade, let me know. I could use another keg. I'd probably even go for a couple 6-packs of your best homebrew!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2012, 09:13 PM   #2
DocBrown
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I should also mention - it's large enough to comfortably hold 10 pin-lock kegs (assuming 2 are on the hump over the compressor). I think it will fit 11 ball-lock kegs, though I didn't get a chance to try.

Old 06-25-2012, 02:57 AM   #3
homebrewfrank
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Where are you located?

Old 06-26-2012, 10:35 PM   #4
DocBrown
Recipes