Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > For Sale > 100 liter jacketed conical fermentors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2012, 01:38 AM   #1
sethfdabomb
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

for sale or for trade for Sabco or similar system.
5 available
Stainless steel
100 liters
Glycol Jacketed
Racking arm
Metric thermometer
Metric pressure gauge
CIP nozzle
Rubber leveling shoes
Designed in the USA
Made in China

For more pictures or questions pm

photo-28-.jpg   photo-25-.jpg   photo-24-.jpg   photo-26-.jpg   photo-27-.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2012, 01:56 AM   #2
marcb
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 175 Times on 121 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Hi, not being a hater but your pricing is way out of line with reality. What you are asking is what morebeer charges for a heated cooled 27 gallon fermenter. 1 BBL jacketed fermenters on eBay made in USA for $1500!

Old 10-04-2012, 02:01 AM   #3
fpweeks
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 25 Posts

Those are NICE.....but too rich for my blood.....

One way or another, this week will end with a homebrew.......

https://www.facebook.com/pourhousebrews

Old 10-04-2012, 02:04 AM   #4
marcb
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcb
Hi, not being a hater but your pricing is way out of line with reality. What you are asking is what morebeer charges for a heated cooled 27 gallon fermenter. 1 BBL jacketed fermenters on eBay made in USA for $1500!
These are really good looking fermenters btw!

Old 10-04-2012, 02:14 AM   #5
Demon
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 100 Times on 68 Posts

While pricey, they are under what is commercially available elsewhere. For example, Glacier Tanks sells a jacketed 27gal for $2925.

Best of luck with the sale.

Old 10-04-2012, 02:34 AM   #6
sethfdabomb
Recipes 

I admit, they are a little pricey. When compared to Glacier tanks ( a more accurate comparison and insulated tank) they are far below their price. From experience I can tell that Glacier tanks are also made in China too. The story behind these is I wanted two nice aesthetically pleasing tanks for my bar in the basement. Unfortunately it’s really hard to get a reasonable price on tanks if only two are made. So I had seven made with the hopes of selling some in a group buy type scenario. You can use these as bright beer tanks as well and that was my idea....along with fermentation. It’s just a personal opinion of mine but they ebay ones were not what i was looking for. I wanted ones that looked good...part of the decor. With the un-insulated style you will get condensation I dont want that in my basement.....more moisture...more dehumidifying...if not more mold. Also the insulation makes a big difference in efficiency. I tend to be frugal and didn't feel like paying to have them made in the states (you think Glacier is expensive!) . Since I travel abroad for work a lot (Im a merchant mariner) I did a little traveling in China with my home brewing obsession in mind. I found a factory through a local agent, me with them, contracted them, had them made, and shipped to the US. No child labor and no sweatshop. Im happy with what I got and appreciate the feedback! Im open too offers.

Old 10-04-2012, 02:53 AM   #7
fpweeks

Recipes 

What an awesome idea.....to have them displayed in your bar like a brewpub....jealous!!!

Pics of bar??

Old 10-04-2012, 03:30 AM   #8
marcb
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethfdabomb
I admit, they are a little pricey. When compared to Glacier tanks ( a more accurate comparison and insulated tank) they are far below their price. From experience I can tell that Glacier tanks are also made in China too. The story behind these is I wanted two nice aesthetically pleasing tanks for my bar in the basement. Unfortunately it’s really hard to get a reasonable price on tanks if only two are made. So I had seven made with the hopes of selling some in a group buy type scenario. You can use these as bright beer tanks as well and that was my idea....along with fermentation. It’s just a personal opinion of mine but they ebay ones were not what i was looking for. I wanted ones that looked good...part of the decor. With the un-insulated style you will get condensation I dont want that in my basement.....more moisture...more dehumidifying...if not more mold. Also the insulation makes a big difference in efficiency. I tend to be frugal and didn't feel like paying to have them made in the states (you think Glacier is expensive!) . Since I travel abroad for work a lot (Im a merchant mariner) I did a little traveling in China with my home brewing obsession in mind. I found a factory through a local agent, me with them, contracted them, had them made, and shipped to the US. No child labor and no sweatshop. Im happy with what I got and appreciate the feedback! Im open too offers.
Ok, here's a pic of my 40 gallon jacketed fermenter, not pretty so I get your point! Those do look rather awesome! How do you cool/heat yours?
image-2588904651.jpg  

Old 10-04-2012, 03:56 AM   #9
sethfdabomb
Recipes 

Well the bar is not much to look at now. Ive included pictures of the framing. With a newborn....two weeks...funds have been well....redirected. How I cool the fermentors...and my trunk line for that matter... is through a copper coil, sump (5gal metal bucket) and submersible (harbor freight...12.99) pump that circulates glycol throughout the system. In order to regulate the specific temperatures of the Keggerator...chest freezer...and individual fermentors...I am using PID controls from Auber instriments...http://www.auberins.com/. The Keggerator operates as the mother ship to everything else being the baseline glycol cooler. The PIDs control lawn irrigation solonoid valves that open and close cooling. The PIDs are cheaper than standard chest freezer Johnson controls and they look cool...plus they have all sorts of options for us engineers...muahahaha. Dont let the thermo couple and PID scare you. They come with directions...you can figure it out.

Seth

photo-7-.jpg   photo-4-.jpg  

Old 10-04-2012, 04:20 AM   #10
fpweeks

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethfdabomb
Well the bar is not much to look at now. Ive included pictures of the framing. With a newborn....two weeks...funds have been well....redirected. How I cool the fermentors...and my trunk line for that matter... is through a copper coil, sump (5gal metal bucket) and submersible (harbor freight...12.99) pump that circulates glycol throughout the system. In order to regulate the specific temperatures of the Keggerator...chest freezer...and individual fermentors...I am using PID controls from Auber instriments...http://www.auberins.com/. The Keggerator operates as the mother ship to everything else being the baseline glycol cooler. The PIDs control lawn irrigation solonoid valves that open and close cooling. The PIDs are cheaper than standard chest freezer Johnson controls and they look cool...plus they have all sorts of options for us engineers...muahahaha. Dont let the thermo couple and PID scare you. They come with directions...you can figure it out.

Seth
This is what my dreams are made of.....if only I didn't have a money sucking ex-wife.......

oo7cable Likes This 

Quick Reply