Home Brew Forums

Home Brew Forums (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum.php)
-   For Sale (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f16/)
-   -   1 Gallon Kegs For Sale (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f16/1-gallon-kegs-sale-250554/)

jww9618 06-10-2011 06:59 PM

1 Gallon Kegs For Sale
I have 3 1 gallon kegs for sale. They were previously Taylor syrup kegs. The label says maximum pressure is 45 psi. The beer out looks like a ball lock connection and I'm not sure about the gas in. These would be perfect for taking to parties, club meetings, etc. They look like they hold more like 1.5 gallons.

All kegs will be cleaned inside and out before I send them out

Asking $75 each.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Apoxbrew 06-10-2011 07:10 PM

where's the gas in?

jww9618 06-10-2011 07:14 PM

It's the last picture on the lid. This thread says it's a 1/8" NPT. http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/1-gallon-keg-anybody-seen-one-these-before-65182/
Seems like it would be pretty easy to add a gas in disconnect like on a 5 gal corny.

jww9618 06-10-2011 11:51 PM


jamcclureuk 06-11-2011 02:29 AM


Originally Posted by Apoxbrew
where's the gas in?

Does the gas in on the lid screw off? Could you swap it with a normal corney keg ball lock valve?

jww9618 06-11-2011 03:22 AM

It looks like it will come off. The post I linked to above made it seem like you could add a reducer and corny disconnect. I'll try to unscrew the post and let you know.

EFaden 06-11-2011 11:06 AM

Those are pretty cool. Would be great for doing test batches of soda. Just can't drop $75 right now... it looks like the gas fitting unscrews though. You may be able to pickup a threaded ball lock that would work there.

Who made the tanks?... If you have a manufacturer I may be able to lookup the threads and source an adapter for you.

jww9618 06-11-2011 12:25 PM

EFaden that would be great if you could help me find a fitting. Taylor is the manufacturer.

EFaden 06-11-2011 12:53 PM


Originally Posted by jww9618 (Post 2997666)
EFaden that would be great if you could help me find a fitting. Taylor is the manufacturer.

From what I can find they are similar to the Taylor T304F product tanks. I "think" (but am still looking) that the gas connector is an ACME 1/4"... I also believe that the threads under it are 1/4" NPT (National Pipe Threads). So what you would need would be a 1/4" MPT (Male NPT) to Pin/Ball Lock (whichever you want). My guess is that the parts would be around $10 or so.

EDIT: Just looked up the parts. Would be $11.51. $4.90 for a 1/4" MPT to 19/32-18M (e.g. Corny Threads) and then $6.61 for the 19/32-18M Gas Ball Lock.

jww9618 06-11-2011 10:06 PM

2 are sold. I have 1 left.

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:24 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.