Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Zero carb beer?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2012, 11:52 PM   #21
noblebrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 44

sorry forgot the link http://www.marksdailyapple.com/a-beer-drinkers-primal-story/#axzz28NIaEVIk

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2012, 08:11 PM   #22
Whippy
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Thanks for the link nb!

I had great success with low carb diet several years ago and kept my extra weight off for 5 years I guess...then I stopped smoking AND started homebrewing in the same year. Now that the body has adjusted, I can maintain my weight (about 10-12kg overweight) but just have trouble losing.

Lowering caloric intake and exercising does help, and many people lose a lot of weight in that way, but the low carb high fat approach works well for my body when losing weight, then eating healthy and moderating fat, calories, etc. works well for maintaining...all of us are different and must find what works for our particular body.

Two weeks to ferment, two more in the kegs
but in just one night it was drained to the dregs

Old 10-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #23
weirdboy
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 428 Times on 349 Posts
Likes Given: 59

I tried low carb for 2 months straight, while exercising and carefully tracking all calories and carbs every day. Didn't drink beer the whole time (!)

I lost *maybe* a pound.

I went off the low carb diet but still tracked my calories and exercise, and suddenly dropped 2-3 pounds in the next week.

Old 10-06-2012, 12:05 AM   #24
ElyIrishBrew
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 19

It's not about low carb necessarily, nor is is only about caloric intake vs caloric burn from exercise.

I lost 60 pounds and kept it off by a lifestyle change diet. There are many factors in play here, and I doubt this is the thread to explain it all in. I will say, however, that I'm able to keep that weight off and drink a fair amount of beer at the same time. Now that's a match made in heaven.

Quick Reply