Originally Posted by 45_70sharps
My local 2 1/2 hour away brew store is on there.
I like a list like this though. One more resource.
When I go out of town I will Google homebrew and the city I'm heading for a lot of times to see if there is any place cool that I need to stop at.
I did that for all of the Nor Cal towns I find interesting enough to think up off the top of my head. There's a surprising lack of LHBSes (3 of them, in fact) on the entire north coast (250+ miles), exactly where there are oodles of microbreweries. Just a few:
* North Coast Brewing Company
* Anderson Valley Brewing Company
* Bear Republic Brewery
* Russian River Brewing Company
* Lagunitas Brewing Company
* Mad River Brewing Company
* Eel River Brewing Company
* Mendocino Brewing Company
Driving over an hour inland only nets you one additional LBHS in Redding.
Moving even a few miles south of Ukiah we find tons of North Bay LBHS's. Go figure.