Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > "You want beer with that?" Burger King and Sonic to start selling beer and wine.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2011, 08:16 PM   #51
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2726 Times on 1634 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcklord View Post
I don't see how this is that big of a deal compared to other restaurants. Chipotle for example was majority owned by McDonald's and has beer for sale by the bottle. Although I don't think I have ever seen anyone order a beer at lunch time. I don't think there is anything wrong with offering beer along with soda.
But Chipotle's is still considered a "sit down" place, they may have carry out but they don't really do drive through.

I wonder though if you can get a bottle of beer with carryout?

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2011, 08:18 PM   #52
jkarp
Beer Herder
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
I wonder though if you can get a bottle of beer with carryout?
Can not. I've tried. Note they open the bottle behind the counter before giving it to you.

Many Bothans died to bring you this information.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:21 PM   #53
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2726 Times on 1634 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkarp View Post
Can not. I've tried. Note they open the bottle behind the counter before giving it to you.
I figured that would be the case. I'm sure the same policies are in place for these places as well.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 07-05-2011, 08:36 PM   #54
MeatyPortion
Internet Bartender

Recipes 

Liked 384 Times on 303 Posts
Likes Given: 222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lechien
Bad food and bad beer...perfect
This.

Who cares about these restaurants? Not me.
murr
Kegged
Modified Warbler Pale Ale (with wet-hop addition&different yeast)

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Old 07-05-2011, 11:48 PM   #55
iaefebs
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 239 Times on 173 Posts
Likes Given: 599

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatyPortion View Post
This.

Who cares about these restaurants? Not me.
When I was traveling with co workers for my job I always cringed when the vote was a "fast food" place. I would go along with it because there has to be something decent to eat ...right?.... wrong....now offer me a beer and I will stop and sop up whatever crud they serve as long as I can wash it down with a beer. A BMC would taste like liquid gold after the crap they sell. Disclaimer...I have only eaten at a McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's Sonic, Taco Bell about 100 times in 30 years. None in the last 3 years. I do Subway about once every two months. I wonder what they would say if I stopped in and ordered a 6 pack to go without ordering food?

Old 07-06-2011, 12:10 AM   #56
buffalobrewer
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 6

the late night taco joint in buffalo (mighty taco) used to sell beer. Just what you needed at 3:30 on the way home from the bars...

You start with a full bag of luck and a empty bag of experience, your goal is to fill the bag of experience before you empty your bag of luck

Old 07-06-2011, 12:58 PM   #57
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2019 Times on 1451 Posts
Likes Given: 1108

Not all fast food is bad or is bad for you. Most FF joints have some healthy options nowadays. We eat a lot at home, sometimes we go out, and sometimes we eat fast and easy. I'm so used to drinking Coke with my fast food that having a beer would feel strange. I still drink Coke with pizza. I just think it tastes better.

My wife drinks milk with her pizza. Yeah, I know.

Quick Reply