Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > You still buy Beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2012, 06:21 PM   #11
KraphtBier
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Sours...expensive and delicious, also one of the styles I haven't gotten around to brewing yet. I tend to drop a fair amount of coin on limited release IPAs as well.

If God made anything better than beer, apple pie, and women (in that order)...he kept it for himself.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2012, 06:26 PM   #12
Obliviousbrew
Recipes 

Liked 228 Times on 159 Posts
Likes Given: 168

I don´t know why but it just seems that I can´t enjoy some sours (I like flemish reds and berliner weisse) but I can´t deal with any kind of lambic, been in Brussels a couple of times, tried everything that I could try and still I can´t develope a taste for lambics, these annoys me cause I´m the kind of guy that basicly likes everything and when I don´t like something I keep trying it until I develope a taste but this has been impossible with sours. Off topic I know but waht the hell!

Old 09-27-2012, 06:30 PM   #13
CBelli
Beer Lover
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 35

I really only drink Home Brew..... I guess I should buy craft beer to sample what's trending, but I can't even drink everything that I brew so I find it hard to justify spending money on store bought

Old 09-27-2012, 06:30 PM   #14
duckmanco
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 19

I typically buy styles I'm interested in brewing, and other styles I know I probably won't brew because I dislike bottling and don't want anything north of 7.5ish abv on tap - so I'll by big beers as I don't brew many of them. Same goes for the occasional sour beer too.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:38 PM   #15
Bricks41
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I must say, I buy substantially less beer than I did before brewing. I, however, do not deny myself something that I see on the shelves! It could be anything really from DFH, Stone, Founders, Six Point, Lagunitas, Schneider's or pretty much anything else that looks interesting!

Old 09-27-2012, 06:39 PM   #16
rhoop
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBelli
I really only drink Home Brew..... I guess I should buy craft beer to sample what's trending, but I can't even drink everything that I brew so I find it hard to justify spending money on store bought
+1

I only drink non-homebrew about once a month with buddies. Three or four of us split a while bunch of 650ml bottles, that way we can sample a lot at once and figure out what to brew. Other than that, I have to be at a pub to drink anything else.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:40 PM   #17
TromboneGuy
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I drink slowly, so I tend not to have more than 4 different beers on hand ready to drink at any one time. Right now that's a red, an Oktoberfest, a hefe, and a blond ale. If I want anything else, I go grab a few at the store. (Planning a dark Belgian and maybe a Christmas stout as soon as I clear out some bottles...)

Old 09-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #18
TromboneGuy
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Also, some things I don't drink enough of to warrant brewing, like IPAs or royal imperial anythings...

Old 09-27-2012, 06:47 PM   #19
nukebrewer
Brew the brew!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 11 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2679 Times on 1593 Posts
Likes Given: 5847

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obliviousbrew View Post
I heard you my wife almost killed me when she saw that i spent €100 worth in beer after expending €200 in grain hops and a few miscelanneous
Been there... several times. It's never pretty.

I buy commercial on a pretty consistent basis because even though my pipeline is starting to get back to where it was before I transferred, I still love trying new beers and some of my old favorites from the before times. I just had some DFH 90 last week (first time in a couple years) and that was the second craft beer I ever had.

The only thing more asinine than stupid rules is the enforcement of rules simply because they are the rules.

Inhopsicated: A Beer Blog

Inhopsicated on Twitter

Old 09-27-2012, 07:08 PM   #20
Tombraider2
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I wish that DFH was more available out here on the West Cost.

Quick Reply