The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Are you fit or fat?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #21
Kate00
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 7

6'0 195. Recently ran a half marathon in 1:52 work out regularly.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2012, 02:09 PM   #22
RiffMagnum
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I'd rather run an extra mile than cut back on beer. I don't overeat and i train and take care of horses during the day so i'm pretty active even when i'm not "working out."
Going to the gym sucks. It's a soul crushing and boring endeavor. The people are weird. The vibe is bad. It sucks.
I've learned to mix it up so i don't get burnt out. Swimming, playing tennis, hiking, basketball, or even just a walk with the family after dinner is better than nothing. I wish i had a boat, cuz nothing destroys you like a day of tubing, skiing, swimming, and wakeboarding. Gotta make it fun.

Old 06-04-2012, 02:28 PM   #23
diverpat
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 3

After 1.5 years of brewing I gained 20+ pounds. In January I started P90X2 and mixed in some Insanity and running and dropped 27 lbs down to 176. I drank very little during the P90X2 time and brewed even less. I'm back on the brewing/drinking wagon now. I just have to keep a close eye on things and maintain the workout schedule. In the last month, many a beers have crossed my lips and I've been able to maintain my weight.

Old 06-04-2012, 02:53 PM   #24
CoalCracker
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 100 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Fairly fit. 5'7 155. Do full body lifts, 2 times a week, occasional cardio. Eat 1700 calories a day. Can bench my weight and do 13 pullups in a row. All the way down and all the way up. Couldn't do one two years ago.

I was at 230 two years ago. That was FAT on short guy. Took control and on my way to a six pack for my Honeymoon in May. I don't really drink at all during the week. Have 2 or 3 a day on the weekends. Once the honeymoon is over I'll get a bit more lax and enjoy a beer more but still with in reason. Don't ever want to get back to that weight.

coalcrackerbrewing.blogspot.com
Vintage Kegerator Build
1 BBL Tippy Dump

Old 06-04-2012, 02:55 PM   #25
KeyWestBrewing
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 431 Times on 349 Posts
Likes Given: 525

It doesnt matter what you eat or drink(in reference to weight not overall health) as long as your doing something to burn calories and sweat off the extra water weight. I boxed for about 8 years, and as you can tell by the reoccurring theme on this thread, the more active you are the more your body will want and need the calories. I dont intend on getting fat in my life, and I dont intend to stop drinking either. I know this so I accommodate a balance to allow me both. I drink however much I want whenever I want... do I go to a gym? No way, I make sure to wake up and do at least 20 pushups or pull-ups + bridges or isometric pushups/ a few walks a week. Most people would be amazingly surprised how much more fit they could be if they just took 5-10 mins a day to do some pullups and bridges. The crux of it all is that you have to take the initiative upon yourself and be consistent about it. No one can make you do it, you have to "be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi

EAC - 5/2/14

Growing Hops in Key West, FL....

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f92/casc...y-west-333466/

Primary : Red, Wheat, and Blue
Primary : Mango Cream Ale
Primary : Soon To Be Filled
On Tap : Atocha Amber, Muddy Waters Bourbon Chocolate Stout 2.0

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guys Cigar club

Old 06-04-2012, 03:09 PM   #26
ReverseApacheMaster
Recipes 

Liked 228 Times on 191 Posts

I'm in decent shape. I work out 4-5 times a week and stick to a specific diet six days a week. I normally only drink on the weekends and usually 1-3 beers per night. Recently I've been going out a little more so I've been drinking a few more. I need to do some extra workouts to burn off the extra few pounds I've put on the past month from many celebrations and vacations.

Old 06-04-2012, 03:11 PM   #27
jkendrick
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyWestBrewing
It doesnt matter what you eat or drink(in reference to weight not overall health) as long as your doing something to burn calories and sweat off the extra water weight. I boxed for about 8 years, and as you can tell by the reoccurring theme on this thread, the more active you are the more your body will want and need the calories. I dont intend on getting fat in my life, and I dont intend to stop drinking either. I know this so I accommodate a balance to allow me both. I drink however much I want whenever I want... do I go to a gym? No way, I make sure to wake up and do at least 20 pushups or pull-ups + bridges or isometric pushups/ a few walks a week. Most people would be amazingly surprised how much more fit they could be if they just took 5-10 mins a day to do some pullups and bridges. The crux of it all is that you have to take the initiative upon yourself and be consistent about it. No one can make you do it, you have to "be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
+1

I'm not nearly as consistent as I'd like, but I'm fairly fit. I just had a physical last week for a life insurance app. I am 41 years old, 6'00", 168lbs. at 14% body fat. My wife is a great cook and we don't eat a lot processed foods or sweets. I get regular exercise, but I will go through P90x about once every two years when I feel I'm slipping. I wish I was better/more consistent with maintenance, but all things considered, I think I'm doing pretty well. We'll see how that holds up when our twins arrive in the fall.

Old 06-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #28
cheezydemon3
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1506 Times on 1156 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

way more fit than I should be. Drink plenty of beer.

Still thin and reasonably strong.

- a very......very.....druck Zul'jin

Old 06-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #29
jchudon
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I've got fit once my girlfriend's got pregnant with our first kid.

I didn't want to be the dad who stays on the park ben watching his kids play. I wanted to be the dad who was running and jumpinmg everywhere playing with his kids.

My tricks :

Water is almost all I drink (except a beer a day). It's awful the number of calories that pop provides and it doesn't even fill you up.

Cheese is almost out of my diet. Those 2 slices in a subway 6" are worth a beer. I'd rather have a beer

Finally, maths. It's all about maths. If you eat more then you spend, you store some in the form of fat. If you eat less then what you spend, you'll use your reserves. I've used myfitnesspal to keep the count and with a little good will, I've turned from a fat fu** to be very fit

Last edited by jchudon; 06-04-2012 at 04:10 PM.

Old 06-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #30
GilaMinumBeer
In yo' garage, steelin' yo parts.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 4604 Times on 4299 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Yes to both.

Quick Reply