Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Are you the Black Sheep of your neighborhood?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2012, 03:55 AM   #71
bottlebomber
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2640 Times on 2068 Posts
Likes Given: 293

I made a rosemary Saison with a tbsp of cracked black pepper and it was delicious.. I highly recommend messing with the pepper. People used to kill each other over that stuff you know.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 04:06 AM   #72
Packman715
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

:Anyone ever mowed their lawn on a Sunday morning in Utah with a beer in their hand. I have and no one ever showed up at my house. when I lived there the people around me didn't think much of me.

Then when one would be brave and talk to me and find out I made the beer I was drinking the real shuning would show.

It is better to be a smart arse than a dumb arse!
Keg 1: amber ale
Keg 2: Empty :(
Primary Carboy:soon to be an alt beir
Secondary Carboy: Nutella stout
Mead carboys 9gal total: Acerglyn still fermenting since end of April.

Old 12-12-2012, 04:07 AM   #73
Hulud
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 55 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 7

weird that you're the black sheep. maybe those men should have gotten better wives?

my wife loves that i homebrew (she did not drink beer when i met her)

i trained her to like beer (haha) with every batch i make i have her try some now she likes craft beer.

also my neighbors that i have met enjoy my beer. my wife and i just moved into our house in july so i havent met too many people

Old 12-12-2012, 04:47 AM   #74
mikescooling
Recipes 

Liked 202 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 182

I don't think anyone cares about what I'm doing. I could chop cars and no one would say anything. It's something about living in a city with a lot of crime, people don't want to get involved.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:22 AM   #75
resQman4
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

I am with you packman. I live south of salt lake and my family is the only non lds family on the block. We are so the black sheeps. A few people wave but nobody will talk to us or invite us to their block parties. Gonna start brewing outside and in the garage after Christmas. Can't wait to see how we are treated then. Actually not true.... I don't give a s..t. I don't like judgmental people (and I am totally being one right now)

Old 12-12-2012, 05:51 AM   #76
Leadgolem
Drunken Monkey
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 960 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1763

Quote:
Originally Posted by resQman4 View Post
I am with you packman. I live south of salt lake and my family is the only non lds family on the block. We are so the black sheeps. A few people wave but nobody will talk to us or invite us to their block parties. Gonna start brewing outside and in the garage after Christmas. Can't wait to see how we are treated then. Actually not true.... I don't give a s..t. I don't like judgmental people (and I am totally being one right now)
Interesting, when I lived in happy valley I found that the anti-mormon counter culture, although small, was also very close knit. Even more so then the predominant culture in the area.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:04 AM   #77
highgravitybacon
Recipes 

Liked 202 Times on 141 Posts
Likes Given: 150

One night, about 20 of us were in my driveway, working on motorcycles, burning a couch, and having a dog fight. I made this killer tripel we were devouring. It wasn't very late, maybe only 2 or 3 am on a Monday. After the burnout contest, I decided we should do a steinbrew with some of the granite rocks around the neighbors koi pond.

Well apparently the teetotler neighbors didn't like my home brew because they gave me a dirty look the next day when I got up at 4 pm. Their kid said my kid can't come to the birthday party so he's crying about that.

Some people just have a lot of misperceptions about homebrew.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:38 AM   #78
Lushife
Recipes 

Liked 81 Times on 61 Posts

I'm the 10 year younger single father at my daughter's bus stop. All the mothers are kinda cool but I feel a little weird. I'm always looking at brewing catalogue waiting for the bus. I have some crappy wine I made on the bored should I give it out as presents ?

Old 12-12-2012, 07:01 AM   #79
gbx
Recipes 

Liked 68 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The neighbours were more weirded out by my hop plants - some people think they are weed plants and when you say "they are hops" they hear "they are pot". People have thought the immersion chiller was for distilling and the mash tun was for making meth so I brought 2 kegs to last summer's block party. My wife was telling me I should make something every can enjoy like a pilsner. I didn't think yellow beer drinkers would appreciate even the best homebrewed lager so I went with a brown porter and an english special bitter. Somebody else brought a keg of commercial lager that survived the whole party but both of mine got killed within the first hour. I think people understand now. Even the older ladies into gardening ask me how my plants did this year.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:21 AM   #80
dallasdb
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 53 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 17

I tell everyone I'm homebrewing so I can cook my meth in the driveway. They just assume the gas mask and hazmat suit are par for the course.

Quick Reply