Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Are you the Black Sheep of your neighborhood?
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2013, 01:32 AM   #131
Dan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Dan's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Makakilo, Hawaii
Posts: 6,268
Liked 1930 Times on 1192 Posts
Likes Given: 2752

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoundrel View Post
I just came to the conclusion that I am. I bought my home during the housing boom. These days, I couldn't buy my house if I was a first time home buyer. I have some cool neighbors a few blocks away, but some neighbors that have lived here for some time, look down on my brewing hobby. Many of the husbands won't stop by since their wives don't approve. The good news is that it is not a deterrent. My wife supports me and frankly I don't care what they think. However, I am curious to find out if anyone else is in the same boat.

I didn't skip through your thread Scoundrel and just post at the end. Pretty sure I have a few post on here along the way. Just wanted to re-quote you.

Let's all move to Passedpawn's HomeBrewTown! There will be no judgment, only support. Wouldn't it be nice... Have to hold myself back from playing that song! !
__________________
Dan is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 01:38 AM   #132
mcbaumannerb
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
 
mcbaumannerb's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Posts: 6,806
Liked 4076 Times on 2267 Posts
Likes Given: 13561

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Let's all move to Passedpawn's HomeBrewTown! There will be no judgment, only support. Wouldn't it be nice... Have to hold myself back from playing that song! !
Awesome idea! In addition to normal water service, every house could have a water line delivered at 155 degrees. Hook it right to you mash tun and go!
__________________

Untappd: mcbaumannerb BEEr

Facebook: BEEr

"Oh mother, tell your children; not to do what I have done."

mcbaumannerb is offline
Proboscidea Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 01:53 AM   #133
Dan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Dan's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Makakilo, Hawaii
Posts: 6,268
Liked 1930 Times on 1192 Posts
Likes Given: 2752

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbaumannerb View Post
Awesome idea! In addition to normal water service, every house could have a water line delivered at 155 degrees. Hook it right to you mash tun and go!
Dude. That would be too cool! (not in a temperature sense)
__________________
Dan is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 03:10 AM   #134
Leadgolem
Drunken Monkey
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Leadgolem's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 3,716
Liked 964 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1763

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
I didn't skip through your thread Scoundrel and just post at the end. Pretty sure I have a few post on here along the way. Just wanted to re-quote you.

Let's all move to Passedpawn's HomeBrewTown! There will be no judgment, only support. Wouldn't it be nice... Have to hold myself back from playing that song! !
Isn't that kinda what you do when you join a topic specific forum?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmy
I'd rather work with yeast than work with people.
Leadgolem is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 03:45 AM   #135
Dan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Dan's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Makakilo, Hawaii
Posts: 6,268
Liked 1930 Times on 1192 Posts
Likes Given: 2752

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadgolem View Post
Isn't that kinda what you do when you join a topic specific forum?
Skip the posts? If that's what you meant I typically don't. One this long, if I'm interested in it have usually been here since it started. That's just me.
__________________
Dan is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 04:11 AM   #136
BarefootFriar
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Double Springs, AL
Posts: 199
Liked 25 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Default

I'm not going to say anything about my homebrewing activities, because of my job. My four closest neighbors all go to my church, and it would be a little awkward I think. They all know I drink a bit, but still. Knowing one's pastor is also a homebrewer tends to upset some folks. Besides, it's technically illegal here (blasted regressive laws!). The best place to work is my back porch, which is pretty well secluded, especially in summer, so I should have no worries.

And if they ask, I'll just shoot them straight. It won't kill them.

__________________
BarefootFriar is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 04:11 AM   #137
Leadgolem
Drunken Monkey
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Leadgolem's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 3,716
Liked 964 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1763

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Skip the posts? If that's what you meant I typically don't. One this long, if I'm interested in it have usually been here since it started. That's just me.
I meant the second part, about moving into a brewing community.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmy
I'd rather work with yeast than work with people.
Leadgolem is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 05:12 AM   #138
Dan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Dan's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Makakilo, Hawaii
Posts: 6,268
Liked 1930 Times on 1192 Posts
Likes Given: 2752

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadgolem View Post
I meant the second part, about moving into a brewing community.

Oh, I see. I'm getting the house at 704 West Main Street though, so all others back off. It's mine!
__________________
Dan is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 12:58 PM   #139
malweth
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
malweth's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wakefield, RI
Posts: 463
Liked 23 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 159

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Dude. That would be too cool! (not in a temperature sense)
It *would* be too cool! 155°F would drop too far in most people's mash tun.
__________________
[Carboy #1] "Oud Renard Rood" Flanders Red
[Carboy #2] Whitewood 12° Abt
[Carboy #3] Opus Mosaic Brown

[On Tap (Keg)]
(L) Shut De Do (Belgian Golden Strong / Tripel)
(R)
(on deck) Pineapple Wine
(on deck) Russian Imperial Stout (1 year aged)
malweth is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 01:03 PM   #140
cooldood
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Belgrade, Maine
Posts: 547
Liked 117 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default

I live where you can see em you can shoot em so no problems here

__________________
cooldood is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can you Brew It recipe for Black Sheep Riggwelter EricCSU Recipes/Ingredients 14 01-27-2012 04:14 AM
Extract - Black Sheep Ale j_narbrew American Ale 3 02-04-2011 01:22 AM
All-Grain - Pitch Black Sheep IPA fineexampl Recipes/Ingredients 8 12-07-2010 06:45 PM
Weetabix Black Sheep Ale Clone Parkinson1963 Recipes/Ingredients 3 06-07-2010 04:13 AM
Black Sheep Ale Yooper Recipes/Ingredients 19 12-11-2007 05:31 PM