New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Are you a Beer Snob?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2011, 05:58 PM   #21
cl330b
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Good,bad,can, or bottle... It's all beer and it has it's place. The article writer is a DUMBA$$! I enjoy tasting as many beers as I possibly can. When it sucks, I'll say it. When it's good, I'll say that too, and then go buy more. Isn't America great?! The true beer-snob-douche bags are F'ing annoying. Like others have said, "drink what you like, like what you drink".

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2011, 06:01 PM   #22
bottlebomber
I FWH my IPAs
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2595 Times on 2043 Posts
Likes Given: 274

I personally think that beer swills from a can much easier than a bottle. If I'm taking some beers to go do something where I won't be pouring them into a glass I would love to have it be in cans. I'm actually looking into canning my homebrew. The equipment the brewpub uses is really simple.

Old 11-19-2011, 06:16 PM   #23
unionrdr
Gotta home brew jones

Recipes 

Liked 1656 Times on 1462 Posts
Likes Given: 1132

While reading the article,I began to wonder if the writer was one of those BMC swillers himself. That he tried a better quality beer,& dubbed it craft beer. Stella def isn't one,but not bad beer. He just comes across to me like someone without a real clue trying to sound intelligent on the subject.
As for myself,I like a wider range of beers that I hadn't seriously considered before getting into home brewing,studying beer history,ingredients,etc.
So it can open up one's appreciation for different beers. I'm just not that much of a snob. When $$ gets tight,I'm not above a 12 pack of Milwaukee light,now brewed by Miller. A Ukrainian buddy at work wouldn't drink anything but miller over here. Why,I asked? He said it was the closest one to the beer they drank back home. That was downright interesting.

Old 11-19-2011, 06:45 PM   #24
Mongrel
Recipes 

Liked 130 Times on 85 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
The writer is a bit of an idiot, really, even though I think it's supposed to be slightly amusing.

But I'm glad Stella Artois opened his/her eyes to "good" beer.
I loved this part
Quote:
When you’re not listening to the works of Ian Mackaye, you're busy espousing how ****ing “genuine” you are in a world of “posers” or eating your organic tofurkey.
Not only are you a beer douche, you're a straight edge, vegan, beer douche. Now that's funny.

Old 11-19-2011, 07:23 PM   #25
rico567

Recipes 

Liked 68 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
The writer is a bit of an idiot, really, even though I think it's supposed to be slightly amusing.

But I'm glad Stella Artois opened his/her eyes to "good" beer.
Mmmm......yes. I think the intention of the author was to be humorous or ironic, but not sure he/she got the job done. The problem (as we've all encountered repeatedly since the Internet became so ubiquitous) is that the subtleties of language that come through very well when we're face-to-face in verbal mode are either diluted or lost altogether in the writing of many people, particularly when attempting to do it in 25 words of less, which the whole online culture favors.

I take the article as a not particularly well-written bit on the conversion of someone from regarding beer as a cheap belly wash to the realization that it's a beverage we can respect and become involved in, to the point where we invest our time doing things.....like this.

“Malt does more than Milton can / To justify God’s ways to man”

-A. E. Housman (1859–1936). A Shropshire Lad , 1896.

Old 11-19-2011, 07:28 PM   #26
BrewMU
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default modelo

"Even after all the years brewing and especially drinking craft and imported beers since 1986, the best beer I ever had was ice cold Negra Modelo Especial"
To be honest, I just tried Negra a couple of months ago - I think it's pretty damn good, even by craft beer standards. That's as smooth a lager as your going to find - struck me as a fantastic beer blackboard that just needs HOPS written across it.

Old 11-19-2011, 07:54 PM   #27
Ceetar
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

This seems an appropriate time to hype my own post "Transitioning from Beer Douche to Beer Geek"

The Beer Geek

Old 11-19-2011, 08:01 PM   #28
unionrdr
Gotta home brew jones

Recipes 

Liked 1656 Times on 1462 Posts
Likes Given: 1132

well said. Just find what you like,not what you should like. Never mind the trendy bs,since that's what BMC's have been doing for years to sell more of their beer.

Old 11-19-2011, 08:07 PM   #29
Desrever
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 7

yes

Old 11-19-2011, 08:26 PM   #30
Beerbeque

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

I buy a lot of 12 packs but I'm not a snob.

Give us this day our liquid bread

Quick Reply