New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Yeti Espresso Imperial Stout (Breakfast) HELP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2011, 10:55 PM   #1
BradleyBrew
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 81 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default Yeti Espresso Imperial Stout (Breakfast) HELP

Ok so I brewed up a yeti like 3 gallon all grain batch. I tried my first beer in the bottle and I was blown away by the espresso taste. I only used 1 oz. of espresso bean (ground) at flameout and cold brewed 2 cups of espresso utilizing 1 oz of espresso and added it to my bottling bucket. Anybody out there have some experience with breakfast stout? Will the coffee taste mellow? The beer is still very young in the bottle... Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2011, 02:20 AM   #2
NorthRiverS
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Yes, the coffee flavor will mellow out over time. I brewed an Espresso Porter last year and the flavor was very noticeable when I first drank it, which is what I wanted. After several months I noticed the flavor had softened quite a bit. I think if you wait a while, it will get to where you want it. Then enjoy!

NRS

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply