Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Yet another Infection concern

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
houndazs
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Yet another Infection concern

So i have brewed about 10 batches of beer, with my many Mr. Beer kits i have. This is the first time i have seen this in my fermenter. This is an American Ale HME with 12oz of DME. Fermentation started on the 12th of Dec. at 72F, OG @ 1.042. I have never seen these white floaties on the top like this before. Im going to bottle anyway at 2 weeks providing my FG is within limits. Should i rack to a secondary and ladle off the "infection", or just bottle and let it sit, to see what happens? I have never racked to a secondary, but thought it may be usefull to see if the "infection" persists. Thanks for the input guys!!!!!!!
infection.jpg

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2012, 12:29 PM   #2
MotorcycleMatt
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 55 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by houndazs View Post
So i have brewed about 10 batches of beer, with my many Mr. Beer kits i have. This is the first time i have seen this in my fermenter. This is an American Ale HME with 12oz of DME. Fermentation started on the 12th of Dec. at 72F, OG @ 1.042. I have never seen these white floaties on the top like this before. Im going to bottle anyway at 2 weeks providing my FG is within limits. Should i rack to a secondary and ladle off the "infection", or just bottle and let it sit, to see what happens? I have never racked to a secondary, but thought it may be usefull to see if the "infection" persists. Thanks for the input guys!!!!!!!
Looks normal to me, all I see are yeast rafts and co2 bottles

Old 12-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #3
houndazs
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorcycleMatt View Post
Looks normal to me, all I see are yeast rafts and co2 bottles
sweet....didn't know the yeast floated and clumped like that. thanks Matt! Now lets see if the batch i started yesterday starts to ferment......Damn you Mr. Beer yeast! Im out of Nottingham Yeast and no HBS here in Kuwait

Old 12-22-2012, 03:33 PM   #4
MotorcycleMatt
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 55 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by houndazs View Post

sweet....didn't know the yeast floated and clumped like that. thanks Matt! Now lets see if the batch i started yesterday starts to ferment......Damn you Mr. Beer yeast! Im out of Nottingham Yeast and no HBS here in Kuwait
No problem, they can clump and look pretty funky.

Quick Reply