wow (Tweason'ale)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fast636

Reaction score
so had my first gluten free beer today. it was dog fish head's Tweason'ale. it was delicious on this hot day we had. figured i would share some great beer to the best forum i am part of. :mug:

I automatically equate GF with flavorless because the widely available offerings have been pretty lackluster. Fortunately I'm not forced to go that route, but I'm glad to see some craft breweries are expanding into that side of things.

I am not gluten intolerant at all. I know some people that are, and I wanted to see if it was even worth the trouble of making 5 gallons of it. I tried bards and a couple others and they were all horrible. A nasty twangy flavor was the culprit for each. When I saw that dogfish head came out with a new seasonal beer, I bought it. When I opened it, I looked to see what it even was, and I was kinda disappointed. To my surprise, it was the only gluten free beer that I could say I would personally buy for my own consumption again. Props to the guys at dogfish head. I suggest it to any who wonder.

Ive had it. It's not a bad beer but not my favorite style. It was very light and crisp, good on a hot day. Very carbonated with a hint of strawberry, almost in a seltzer water kind of way. I'm a big DFH fan and I think most of the reviews they get are because people don't understand what the beer was aiming for(many times making traditional to almost extinct styles) and trying to accomplish for innovative purpose.

I've heard pretty good things about the DFH GF beer. Lakefront out of Milwaukee also makes a GF that I'm told is quite good. I've tried Bards and Redbridge and can't stand either. I'm not gluten intolerant at all, but I did some sampling of commercial beers before taking on the challenge of brewing a good GF homebrew for some friends that are going to a gluten free diet. I was happy to hear they liked my beer way better than what they had been drinking!

Ive had it. It's not a bad beer but not my favorite style. It was very light and crisp, good on a hot day. Very carbonated with a hint of strawberry, almost in a seltzer water kind of way. I'm a big DFH fan and I think most of the reviews they get are because people don't understand what the beer was aiming for(many times making traditional to almost extinct styles) and trying to accomplish for innovative purpose.

ya it was perfect yesterday because i was out side blocking down my truck all day. i opened it up when i got home and it was a nice thirst quencher. i'm a huge IPA guy so this was far from my norm but if i see a new DFH i have to get it and try it even if i know i might hate it. glad i tried it. :mug:

sounds worth a shot. Ive had a few GF beers before but they did seem light bland but easy drinking and dry. Im shure there are a good few ones for shure.

jonmohno said:
So you like schiltz,mgd 64,cobra,colt45,budselect 55,michelobe ultra more then?

Actually yes, over tweason ale. Now schiltz, cobra, colt 45, hurricane, steel reserve(a college fav) are a malt liquor, so they don't count.

Latest posts

Back