Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Wow, they've lost it now. [Beer in a Box]

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2009, 11:54 AM   #1
timmystank
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

Default Wow, they've lost it now. [Beer in a Box]

Wow, the BMCers have really lost it now. Now I am not opposed to BMC but this is just ridiculous and wrong.

Will you drink beer in a box? - Top Stocks Blog - MSN Money

My favorite part..."Now, with beer, the box might be less objectionable since, in my opinion, the quality issue is not really in play. Despite what the microbrewers will tell you, all beer is pretty much the same. Consumers who pay a premium do so more for the experience than the taste."

Is this guys absolutely crazy or is it just me?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2009, 11:57 AM   #2
Overdue4Brew
Recipes 

lol @ that article

Old 07-30-2009, 12:07 PM   #3
Domminigan
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

No, it's just you. Every beer tastes exactly the same, you only think there is a difference because that's what the Secret Underground Drinking Society tells you.

"For beer, that's not what 'import' means. For beer, import just means better."

Old 07-30-2009, 12:19 PM   #4
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible
Recipes 

Liked 513 Times on 394 Posts
Likes Given: 76

The responses are worth a read. Unlike the article itself.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:22 PM   #5
beerocd
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domminigan View Post
Secret Underground Drinking Society
How do you become a member of S.U.D.S. ?

-OCD

PS - so did he fail or succeed? Tons of hits to the website due to his article.

Due to recent economic crisis, stock market crash, budget cuts, and the rising cost of everything including taxes: "The Light at the End of The Tunnel" has been turned off.

Last edited by beerocd; 07-30-2009 at 12:41 PM.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:27 PM   #6
bernerbrau
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Somebody, somewhere is now telling his/her friends, family and coworkers that "all beers taste the same, no matter what the microbrewers tell you" because they read it in a money article.

That makes me very, very sad.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:30 PM   #7
Bowtiebrewery
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Jease... freaking wine snob who wrote that article... I thought they have an editorial staff that reviews this crap... Where the hell is this guys references...

Someone should kick him in the nuts.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:50 PM   #8
timmystank
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtiebrewery View Post
Jease... freaking wine snob who wrote that article... I thought they have an editorial staff that reviews this crap... Where the hell is this guys references...

Someone should kick him in the nuts.

Haha, RESPECT MY AUTHORITI!!!

Old 07-30-2009, 12:51 PM   #9
Q2XL
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Will you drink beer in a box? MSN Money article

I don't even know what to say about the 2 lines that I highlighted. The link to the article is at the bottom of the page.

Will you drink beer in a box?

Posted Jul 29 2009, 01:31 PM by James Dlugosch Rating: Filed under: Molson Coors Brewing, James Dlugosch

Imagine kicking back in the shade on a hot day and popping open an ice-cold box of beer.

Yes, you read that right: box.

The Wall Street Journal reports to that MillerCoors is testing beer in a box in several cities.

Now, like many people during this economic crisis, my wife and I are doing some personal belt-tightening of our own in order to save money. But there are some things I just won't do, including buying wine in a box.

Now, with beer, the box might be less objectionable since, in my opinion, the quality issue is not really in play. Despite what the microbrewers will tell you, all beer is pretty much the same. Consumers who pay a premium do so more for the experience than the taste.

But for me, the issue is the bottle. I like drinking my suds from a cold bottle. Period.

Put it in a glass, and the experience just isn't the same. And no matter how cheap they make it, I just can't see myself drinking beer from a box. (The current boxes deliver draft beer; you don't drink from them. But box wines started this way, and you can now buy merlot by the six-box pack.)

Of course, I'm not the target market, and there are many who will see value in this product. The big brewers are under pressure from consumers trading down to cut-rate brands, and in this economy, getting more for less is going to be a selling point for the foreseeable future.

With sales volumes dropping, this "buy more at point of sale" model could be just the tonic for beer companies. Even though, the Journal says, an 18-pack is still cheaper.

Shares of Molson Coors (TAP) have recovered nicely since bottoming in March. But it still trades more like a defensive stock. Will the beer-in-a-box transition create growth?

If so, TAP could be a big winner with this marketing ploy. Perhaps I should have added the name to my list of "Red-Hot Summer Sizzlers." The stocks on this list have an aggregate return of 19% since publication on May 22.

Seems to me beer in a box may be a trigger for a bump in share price. Just don't expect me to drink the stuff.

Will you drink beer in a box? - Top Stocks Blog - MSN Money

Old 07-30-2009, 01:01 PM   #10
rsmith179
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

What an idiot! I personally don't think people should be writing about stuff they don't know about. "All beer is pretty much the same..."?? This guy has absolutely no idea what he is talking about. I wish I could give him a tour of our local bottle shop!

And putting beer in a glass? Is he really against that? Really? I think this guy should stick to other subjects other than beer. That would be like me writing about new yarn used for sewing. I'm sure that would be a great article. "The only difference is the colors..." Ugghh...

"Brewers enjoy working to make beer as much as drinking beer instead of working."
-Harold Rudolph

Quick Reply