Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > WOW beers! What are yours?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2012, 04:28 AM   #21
Darkness
Local's Need's Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Brew a true English Mild it is about 3.5 percent and has no Redeemable qualities. Just like the beer they drink now.

Why can't every day be a Brew day?

You Stay Classy Brew Nation!!

"He who dies with the most beer didn't drink enough!!"
(that's from me)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 04:31 AM   #22
libeerty
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 101 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness
Brew a true English Mild it is about 3.5 percent and has no Redeemable qualities. Just like the beer they drink now.
No redeemable qualities? Why? Not strong enough? Not hoppy enough?

Tried to keep up with this signature, but just couldn't.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:36 AM   #23
bayern-kaiser
Recipes 

I would say to go with baby steps, ease them from light American lagers to munich helles to Dortmund exports and then onto kolsch and Oktoberfest

and for their first dark bier ignore English or irish stouts, too bitter they will regect it immedietly, start with a schwarzbier.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:59 AM   #24
snaps10
Recipes 

Liked 172 Times on 118 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Edwort's haus pale ale. Leave it in the keg with gelatin fining for about a month. They'll see that beer has flavor too. It'll be crystal clear and light so they won't have the apprehensions of haze and color. Then move them to a mildly hopped blonde (could do both at the same time). Then on to an oatmeal stout if they are over their apprehensions. From there they will probably be able to at least mildly appreciate a larger variety and can start developing their own tastes.

Old 12-30-2012, 07:34 AM   #25
lewishowardm3
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Drinking a English mild is nothing like drinking BMC.

Old 12-30-2012, 12:23 PM   #26
Piratwolf
Recipes 

Liked 127 Times on 119 Posts
Likes Given: 82

Quote:
You're doing it wrong.

jmendez29: Haha! I get it! :ban:
Wait. You're not talking about beer, right?
You're talking about beer. That could have been a whole lot more fun.

Old 12-30-2012, 12:41 PM   #27
JonM
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 736 Times on 517 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Yooper's Hoppy American Amber, a simple Maris Otter/Centennial SMASH, and a wheat made with bottle-harvested yeast from Bell's Winter White Ale. Planning on bringing a keg of EdWort's Bee Cave Kolsch to a party, so we'll see if the list expands.

Old 12-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #28
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4455 Times on 3243 Posts
Likes Given: 866

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenbrews View Post
What I was trying to get at wasn't how to please commercial beer drinkers with your best beer, but what beer did you brew that they liked. I'm relatively new to craft beers, and it was only a few years ago I thought a hoppy beer sucked, but now I'm learning to home brew and would someday like to share my knowledge with others. And what better way to boost my ego than to have a loyal Coors Light drinker ask me for another of my home brews. When it comes to home brew I want to be "The Man".
I'm in the "why bother?" camp! My dad calls my beer "that homebrewed ****" and always has. He knows it's craft beer, but he doesn't care to try it or develop a taste for it. He loves two beers- Budweiser and Genny Cream Ale.

About 3 years ago, he drove to my house with my brother and his family. (14 hours in a hot car). It was over 90 degrees, and when he got out of the car, I handed him a cream ale. He said, "That's not that homebrewed **** is it?" I told him hello, and to drink the damn beer! He loved it- it was very similar to Biermuncher's Cream of Three Crops. He and my brother drank that keg in one day.

When that keg was gone, they didn't even TRY the other beers. They went to town and bought Bud.

That's why I don't even try to convince people to change their minds about craft beer or homebrew. People like what they like- or rather, what they believe that they like. It would only frustrate me to continue to please them.
People Like This 
Old 12-30-2012, 01:32 PM   #29
MicheleE63
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'm pretty new to brewing but most of my friends are open minded and will try my beers. My first brew was a Red Ale kit and everybody who has had that beer has enjoyed it. Even the BMC only crowd. The other brew everybody has enjoyed is the White House Honey Ale I made. I didn't care for that one at first, but the longer it's in the bottle, the better it gets. But, there is still that swill drinking group who say - ugh, that's too dark - I don't like dark beers. Whatever. I really like giving beer away - I could never drink all I make - but you have to accept that that not everybody will like them and just move on. Make some less complicated ones for those friends, and save the delicious big beers for yourself!

Michele

Old 12-30-2012, 01:47 PM   #30
Billy-Klubb
Capt. Floccin' Awesome
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2320 Times on 1523 Posts
Likes Given: 4654

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
I'm in the "why bother?" camp! My dad calls my beer "that homebrewed ****" and always has. He knows it's craft beer, but he doesn't care to try it or develop a taste for it. He loves two beers- Budweiser and Genny Cream Ale.

About 3 years ago, he drove to my house with my brother and his family. (14 hours in a hot car). It was over 90 degrees, and when he got out of the car, I handed him a cream ale. He said, "That's not that homebrewed **** is it?" I told him hello, and to drink the damn beer! He loved it- it was very similar to Biermuncher's Cream of Three Crops. He and my brother drank that keg in one day.

When that keg was gone, they didn't even TRY the other beers. They went to town and bought Bud.

That's why I don't even try to convince people to change their minds about craft beer or homebrew. People like what they like- or rather, what they believe that they like. It would only frustrate me to continue to please them.
most of the beers I like to brew are not beers that most anyone wants to drink, let alone try. Horehound Belgian Strong, Soured Imperial Stout, Dill Ale... I'm really not in the game of trying to get people to like craft off my own beer anymore. and too many people have it in their heads that home brew is rocket fuel. I still try to get people to expand their horizons. I am planning on putting on a home brew class in our local community education center to help show people what they can do.

There is a difference between pride and arrogance. Which do you hold in your heart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andycr View Post
If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing...

Quick Reply