Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > WORST Home Brew Store experience ever!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2010, 05:39 PM   #141
ndsgr
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobWalker View Post
Pizza Hut is awful. After the pizzas are cooked, they spray them with oil to make them appear shiny - disgusting stuff!
I'm another ex-pizza hut pizza maker. We never sprayed the tops of pizzas with oil. However; we did put oil in the pan prior to putting the frozen puck of dough in, then sprayed that with oil prior to proofing the dough.

Back to OP - When I worked for a Vegas hotel we were always drilled that it took 1 bad customer experience to lose 8 potential customers. It took approximately 30 good customer experiences to make 1 new customer. The odds are not in favor of the proprietor. All the more reason to be good to all your customers. OFF TOPIC RANT: Then the stupid hotel would oversell rooms by about 200 and we would have a ton of people in the lobby extremely pissed that they would be spending the night NOT in the room they booked and possibly not in any room at all. /RANT

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2010, 05:45 PM   #142
Christafer11
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have to say skinydipper your a dumb ass ordering dominos pizza and buying beer supplies are so far apart. One is a bix box fast food who stamps out product like a machine and the other is a local owner operator with craft/specialty products that most all its customers customize on every order. One has 3 stoned pot heads taking your $5.00 for a crappy pizza and the other the owner or one of his 3 employees is there to help you decide what may or may not be better in your beer. If we wanted big box crap we would buy Budweiser or Coors or Miller or nameless other crappy beers we DONT if you want to compare lhb to pizza use pappa murphys they will let you pick anything you want and your go home and cook it. BUT ITS STILL PIZZA NOT BEER I know they go together but not the same in this case.

Old 12-30-2010, 05:49 PM   #143
Old_E
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinydipper View Post
I guess I still don't understand. It's obviously a web based business, it's even called heartsbrewing.com. The website has links to ask questions.

I have a Dominos pizza in my hometown. I know they are a home delivery pizza business, but I also know that I can call my order in and go pick it up. I'm sure I could walk-in and order a pizza and wait for them to make it for me. I would imagine if I walked in and ordered a pizza off the menu, then started asking them what they would think if I ordered a sausage instead of a pepporini, then started asking them questions about changing their dough recipe then they would get cranky. Especially if I expected them to stop preparing their normal call-in and delivery orders that were ahead of me walking in.

Oh well, I'm still kicking myself for reading this thread let alone posting an opposing view.
Regardless of the name, there exists a retail, walk-up, brick and mortar store, for customers to go to. Why have this if you are not really willing to properly operate it? Just have the internet business. Its absurd, as is that argument. Putting .com on the name doesn't give license to act inappropriately... unless, of course, you don't intend to make that side of the business work.... but then, again, why would you open that in the first place???

Old 12-30-2010, 05:54 PM   #144
wildwest450
Recipes 

Liked 166 Times on 151 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
I guess I still don't understand. It's obviously a web based business, it's even called heartsbrewing.com. The website has links to ask questions.

I have a Dominos pizza in my hometown. I know they are a home delivery pizza business, but I also know that I can call my order in and go pick it up. I'm sure I could walk-in and order a pizza and wait for them to make it for me. I would imagine if I walked in and ordered a pizza off the menu, then started asking them what they would think if I ordered a sausage instead of a pepporini, then started asking them questions about changing their dough recipe then they would get cranky. Especially if I expected them to stop preparing their normal call-in and delivery orders that were ahead of me walking in.

Oh well, I'm still kicking myself for reading this thread let alone posting an opposing view.
You should kick yourself for posting the worst analogy in internet history.

_
Old 12-30-2010, 05:55 PM   #145
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2816 Times on 2761 Posts
Likes Given: 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christafer11 View Post
I have to say skinydipper your a dumb ass...
Regardless of personal opinion, we don't treat each other around here like this. There is no name calling. We are a civilized group who are grown up enough disagree.

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo

Old 12-30-2010, 06:21 PM   #146
skinydipper
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldE View Post
Regardless of the name, there exists a retail, walk-up, brick and mortar store, for customers to go to. Why have this if you are not really willing to properly operate it? Just have the internet business. Its absurd, as is that argument. Putting .com on the name doesn't give license to act inappropriately... unless, of course, you don't intend to make that side of the business work.... but then, again, why would you open that in the first place???
This is my point exactly. I know what the Dominos business is, therefor I don't expect to receive something they don't offer. The OP walked into a web based business expecting to receive personal service. The OP gets angry because the web based business owner did not stop his business process to tell the OP that modifying an award winning brew by adding honey and more hops is perhaps the most brilliant idea ever. Oh, and holy ****, maybe he should reconsider the whole on-line business thing. I mean come on, Net-Flix has proven that internet sales will never keep up with walk-in businesses like Blockbuster. Oh yeah, maybe he should take the .com off the end of his business name - it only causes confusion, his customers won't recognise it as an on-line business. Oh, closing his store and running the business from his garage is a great idea. Now if he can just get his garage rezoned, approval from his HOA, and a pile of permits from the city and/or county he can save 20%-30% in tax deductions, oops I mean operating costs.

So the guy was rude. Put your big girl panties on and get over it. Going on a popular web site and calling him an asshole is unlikely to make him want to change his business plan to a walk-in friendly atmosphere. This thread is several years old, the website is still up, the guy is still in business so his business plan must be working. I also notice on his website that he still is not, and doesn't seem to be planning on becoming a walk-in store, curious as that is after the berating he has taken here and other places for not catering to local brewers.

Old 12-30-2010, 06:24 PM   #147
ndsgr
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christafer11 View Post
One has 3 stoned pot heads taking your $5.00 for a crappy pizza and the other the owner or one of his 3 employees is there to help you decide what may or may not be better in your beer.
Can we combine those? I like to buy my homebrew supplies from stoned potheads. They are so encouraging!

"Dude, that beer sounds absolutely ***king EPIC! Seriously, E-P-ick! Well, not ick... I can't ***king spell. MAKE THAT BEER!" - actual quote from one store I was at, the guy was toast. Made me want to brew some beer though!

Old 12-30-2010, 06:30 PM   #148
Old_E
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
This is my point exactly. I know what the Dominos business is, therefor I don't expect to receive something they don't offer. The OP walked into a web based business expecting to receive personal service. The OP gets angry because the web based business owner did not stop his business process to tell the OP that modifying an award winning brew by adding honey and more hops is perhaps the most brilliant idea ever. Oh, and holy ****, maybe he should reconsider the whole on-line business thing. I mean come on, Net-Flix has proven that internet sales will never keep up with walk-in businesses like Blockbuster. Oh yeah, maybe he should take the .com off the end of his business name - it only causes confusion, his customers won't recognise it as an on-line business. Oh, closing his store and running the business from his garage is a great idea. Now if he can just get his garage rezoned, approval from his HOA, and a pile of permits from the city and/or county he can save 20%-30% in tax deductions, oops I mean operating costs.

So the guy was rude. Put your big girl panties on and get over it. Going on a popular web site and calling him an asshole is unlikely to make him want to change his business plan to a walk-in friendly atmosphere. This thread is several years old, the website is still up, the guy is still in business so his business plan must be working. I also notice on his website that he still is not, and doesn't seem to be planning on becoming a walk-in store, curious as that is after the berating he has taken here and other places for not catering to local brewers.
I think our "points" were polar opposites. Maybe I didn't do a good job of properly stating my point.

oh well... I must be bored if I'm arguing this.

Old 12-30-2010, 06:59 PM   #149
chiefbrewer
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
This is my point exactly. I know what the Dominos business is, therefor I don't expect to receive something they don't offer. The OP walked into a web based business expecting to receive personal service.
This would be a great point, except they ARE offering walk-in service, otherwise they would lock the front door with a sign that says "Internet Order Pick-up only..ring bell for service"
Quote:
The OP gets angry because the web based business owner did not stop his business process to tell the OP that modifying an award winning brew by adding honey and more hops is perhaps the most brilliant idea ever.
Stop his buisness process??? WTF??? If the guy is up on the front walk in floor behind a counter, helping walk-in-customers IS HIS CURRENT BUSINESS!!
Quote:
Oh, and holy ****, maybe he should reconsider the whole on-line business thing. I mean come on, Net-Flix has proven that internet sales will never keep up with walk-in businesses like Blockbuster. Oh yeah, maybe he should take the .com off the end of his business name - it only causes confusion, his customers won't recognise it as an on-line business.
I think most of us hear were arguing the opposite...focus on just doing web-orders ONLY. This owner is trying to gain EXTRA revenue by also doing a little walk-in business as well...but is not willing to actually treat those customers with respect.
Quote:
Oh, closing his store and running the business from his garage is a great idea. Now if he can just get his garage rezoned, approval from his HOA, and a pile of permits from the city and/or county he can save 20%-30% in tax deductions, oops I mean operating costs.
Again you are missing the point...it is not necessarily that he DOES relocate to his home garage, but the idea that if he doesn't care about walk-in business, then why have a walk in store at all??

Quote:
I also notice on his website that he still is not, and doesn't seem to be planning on becoming a walk-in store, curious as that is after the berating he has taken here and other places for not catering to local brewers.
If you have a walk in showroom, and you allow people to wal in and buy stuff, you are a walk in store.

Primary: American Pale Ale
Secondary:
Currently Drinknig:
Up Next: Coffee and Cream Stout

Old 12-30-2010, 07:00 PM   #150
MeatyPortion
Internet Bartender
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 385 Times on 304 Posts
Likes Given: 222

Bottom line: If you treat customers like they don't matter, eventually you won't either.

murr
Kegged
Modified Warbler Pale Ale (with wet-hop addition&different yeast)

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Quick Reply