Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Worst Commercial Beer You've Ever Had?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2011, 08:30 PM   #981
McMalty
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Being from Maryland, gotta hit up the Natty Boh sometimes, even tho it is horrible....

"Life's short. Drink a lot of beer." -Randolph McMalty

"I don't care too much for BMC" -Abraham Lincoln

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2011, 10:23 PM   #982
Beezy
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeertomorrow
Laser malt beverage was probably the worst. Though a skunked Pilsner Urquell from a pick-a-six store had me hollering "Feet, it tastes like Feet!" all night. Haven't had one since.
Haha yep. I think Laser might be the worst beer that hadn't technically gone bad.

Old 07-05-2011, 03:53 AM   #983
McMalty
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANSTAAFB
Oly Gold Light. Like Olympia wasn't bad enough. I worked as a plumbers helper for a cantankerous old fart who started drinking it first thing in the morning and drank it all day...until he could get home and start mixing drinks. Over 5 years I think I tried it 3-4 times when we were out on a BFE job site and I ran out of EVERYTHING else to drink. I never got all the way through a can. I did turn him on to Guinness...that was pretty funny to watch...he could drink a case of OGL but 2 Guinness Big Boppers and he was pissed
That doesn't make sense. Guinness is below 4% abv, must have been the placebo effect

"Life's short. Drink a lot of beer." -Randolph McMalty

"I don't care too much for BMC" -Abraham Lincoln

Old 07-05-2011, 04:03 PM   #984
Beezy
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMalty

That doesn't make sense. Guinness is below 4% abv, must have been the placebo effect
Yeah I tell people that is my lite beer and they laugh. I guess the BMC = light in color with light in alcohol. Give em a IIPA or a Triple and see what they think heheh.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:08 PM   #985
PA49erFan21
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

It's a toss up between PBR (Pabst Blue Ribbon) and Colt 45.

The colt 45 was one of the first beers I had. I was over at my cousins house spending the night and obviously underage. My cousins live in boyfriend drank the stuff so late at night we sneaked downstairs and grabbed one out of the fridge. Very disgusting.

The PBR I had about last year. It is one of my brother in-laws favorites and I was desperately needing a beer. Next time, I'll settle for something better such as water.

Old 07-08-2011, 05:34 PM   #986
McBrewskie
Recipes 

Liked 308 Times on 226 Posts
Likes Given: 122

Thunderhead IPA by Pyramid. Could have been skunked. Absolutely horrible. After that probably Tecate though Old Milwaukee and the current version of Rolling Rock(which I used to love before they sold) are pretty close behind. MGD is also just effing terrible.

Old 07-08-2011, 05:39 PM   #987
StittsvilleJames
Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 8

St Peters Organic Ale.

It has a kick ass bottle, looks like an old medicine bottle or something. Unfortunately the bottles are filled with piss.

Old 07-08-2011, 05:48 PM   #988
JonM
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 768 Times on 542 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Bicycle Beer. Bright orange, tasted like crap, and the liquor store gave you a free case with any purchase. ANY purchase. Buy a 6-pack? Here's your Bicycle beer.

It was a combined energy drink/ beer that was around in the early 90s, waaay predating those caffeine-and-alcohol enriched alcopops that are around today. That stuff was horrible. Once my roommate and I got stuck with a case we could barely give it away.

Old 07-09-2011, 02:39 AM   #989
jonmohno
Recipes 

Liked 410 Times on 361 Posts
Likes Given: 1206

Quote:
Originally Posted by StittsvilleJames View Post
St Peters Organic Ale.

It has a kick ass bottle, looks like an old medicine bottle or something. Unfortunately the bottles are filled with piss.
I bought one at a premium price, i should have known,skunk in the green bottle, cool bottle to use now but the beer was ok.Im not a big fan of english but the douchy guy telling me how awsome it was at a Hy-vee store defeniatly should have just been a door to door salesman because he didnt have a clue. Im pretty shure he didnt drink and when he did it was probably zima. I cant wait to go back there and put his foot in his mouth for him.Ill start by asking him what his favorite beer is, then i will just further amuse myself.Beer snob or not, i cant stand being lied to.
Plus he was full of vinegar! I think he started making a cacoon of plastic and having a nozzle at the end of his head too. I could be wrong though.He may have been better fit in the womens hygeine department though.. ..just sayin???
Old 07-12-2011, 10:25 PM   #990
The_Dog_42
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Thought I'd be the first to mention King Kobra...because no one can be so desperate and buy the stuff.

My last year in college and I just finished with an 8 hour test (the fundamentals of engineering). I immediately walked outside to the nearest gas station, bought the cheapest 40 that wasn't Steel Reserve and sat on the curb waiting for my ride, drinking out of a paper bag. I think I would have been better off using the bag as a filter, at least then it would have been wet a$$ with a hint of brown bag.

My 10 yr old chocolate lab Guinness :D thinks her name is goddammit dog or fu@%in' puppy...I think if she were registerable :drunk: her full name would Goddammit Guinness Stop It...Go Away!!! And we Love her dearly :)
My Keg-O-Vision (Kegerator) Build

My Butcherblock-esque Fermentation Chamber

Quick Reply