Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Worst Commercial Beer You've Ever Had?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2009, 03:53 PM   #51
elkdog
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri_Rage View Post

Sam Adams Triple Bock deserves mention here. It was a grand venture by SA, but a dismal failure.
Agreed. I like beer. I like soy sauce. I did not like that beer. Not one bit. Great idea, bad beer.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2009, 04:28 PM   #52
ThickHead
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 9

For me it was about 6 cans of this:

When I was a kid I used to hang out quite often (my little brother included) in a small forrest behind my parents house. We weren't the only neighborhood kids to use this particular forrest as a getaway.

Anyway, one afternoon when I was about 12 (little bro 10) we headed out on one of our typical adventures into the forrest and chanced across a campsite that was used the night before by some older neighborhood kids (the Wagner twins and their minions) where they happened to leave the cooler of beer they had been working their way through the previous evening. Being the typically inquisitive younglings we were we opened up the cooler and to our supprise there were six Knickerbockers left. The ice in the cooler (if there ever was any, since there was no water in it either) had long since melted and the afternoon heat was steadily taking its toll. Neither of us wanting to see the opportunity go to waste, we proceeded to plop down and indulge in our incredible windfall. The beer must have been at least 80 degrees F and we sucked back all six. I can still remember the faces my little bro was pulling as we downed them. I am sure I was pulling idendical comedic faces as I choked down each swollow. They were aweful!

Old 09-02-2009, 04:49 PM   #53
Jenks829
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Bud Dry......

My and a buddy were heading down to the New Jersey shore; this is somewhere around 2001/2002. It was pretty late on a Friday night and when we pulled into the beer distributor, they were about to close. We convinced them we knew what we wanted and would only be 5 mins. We ran to look for what ever it was that we wanted (this was before my homebrew days so who knows what I "thought" was good beer) Anyway, we can't find enough cold beer. The fridges are almost empty as it is a Friday night. We thought we would need one more case of beer but wanted it cold. The only option was Bud Dry........there was a reason it was the only beer left in the fridge. I had a hard time choking it down even after a few other beers. We ended up giving it away to some recent high school graduates who partying for senior week.

Now, I prefer dry(er) beers but for the longest time I shied away from any beer labeled or described as dry because of the memory of Bud Dry

On Deck: This will be the summer of wheat beer experiments!

Primary: Pomegranate Wheat, Apricot Wheat, Wine Beer

Secondary: 2012 Washington State Merlot, 2012 Italian Carmenere, 2012 Italian Montepulciano, 2012 Italian Barolo, 2012 Central Valley Viognier

Aging in bottle: 2010 Washington State Merlot, 2010 California Cabernet Sauvignon, 2011 Washington State Cabernet Sauvignon

Drinking:

Old 09-02-2009, 04:54 PM   #54
humann_brewing
More Humann than human
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 313 Times on 311 Posts
Likes Given: 21

For me it was Pete's Strawberry blonde. My friends decided to get some cigars and try a new beer while sneaking out to the track to have them since we couldn't really do it in the on campus apartments.

Anyways, I don't recall finishing the beer, it was horrible.

Old 09-02-2009, 06:31 PM   #55
elkdog
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by humann_brewing View Post
For me it was Pete's Strawberry blonde. My friends decided to get some cigars and try a new beer while sneaking out to the track to have them since we couldn't really do it in the on campus apartments.

Anyways, I don't recall finishing the beer, it was horrible.
Pete's Winter Brew. I like most Pete's products, and I like winter warmers a lot, so I was excited about this one. I had just tried Red Hook's Winterhook, and loved it. Nowhere on the Pete's package did they bother to mention the fact that there were raspberries in the beer. Nutmeg too, I think. Not cool.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:51 PM   #56
wildwest450
Recipes 

Liked 166 Times on 151 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Earthquake Lager!! 12% in a 24oz can. Why did I do it, $1.50, that's why.
I followed it with a sixer of Sweetwater 420 Ipa. That made for one poopy headache the next morning.

The earthquake is on the right. Avoid this beer at all costs.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:15 PM   #57
PseudoChef

Recipes 

Liked 102 Times on 75 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwest450 View Post
Earthquake Lager!! 12% in a 24oz can. Why did I do it, $1.50, that's why.
I followed it with a sixer of Sweetwater 420 Ipa. That made for one poopy headache the next morning.

The earthquake is on the right. Avoid this beer at all costs.

The other groomsmen of my brother's wedding dared me to chug something very similar to that the morning of his wedding. It was only 10%, IIRC. I didn't notice the abv until after the chug though. Oops.

Old 07-27-2010, 03:42 AM   #58
thomasrj
Recipes 

Awful, vile stuff that is. Tastes like regurgitated seafood bisque, straight up. Split a four-pack with a buddy one night, and poured 90% down the drain.

"One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple." -Jack Kerouak

In progress: nada
In the bottle: Nut Brown, Honey Weizen, Milk Stout
In the future: Something BIAB

Old 07-27-2010, 04:09 AM   #59
Dwain
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Well, this was not beer, it was wine. I went to college in Louisiana for a couple of semesters. We would buy Thunderbird, drink a little out of the neck and then add a package of red Kool-aid. I mean the old school stuff that was straight powder. I can still taste it.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:13 AM   #60
HoppyDaze
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1342 Times on 1017 Posts
Likes Given: 710

warm Mickeys at a frat party after getting blue balled by a hottie. Lots of rubbing and sharing, but not worth the douche, hold your tongue, I want to put my fist through your head, wow that's what you guys think is cool?- really, that's what chicks tolerate to say they banged this dude from alpha mega sig trash frat? I think I'll go to the bar

I ended up disposing of said "beer" on the kitchen floor on my way out...

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guys Cigar club

Advice for posting

Quick Reply